Hello There, Just a few quick bowling questions.

Leg-Spin-Loowis

Hello There, Just a few quick bowling questions.

Hi I'm a new member and an aspiring cricketer. At 15, I had county trials the year before last but sadly didn't make the cut. I bowl Leg-spin, and like to think I do a good job of it. I have a few queries however...

1. Some matches my line and length are terrible, I put it down to muscle fatigue but was wondering if any of you could reccomend a training game or drill to help me with this?

2. Variation. At the moment I have the standard Leg-Breaking ball, a Doosra (quicker Off-'cutting' ball) and a more 'loopy' ball which applies more turn and drift. I was wondering if anyone could reccomend a few more to really bamboozle the batsman ;)

Thanks in advance, I look forward to hearing and replying ;)

Re: Hello There, Just a few quick bowling questions.

Lewis - come and join in over on the leg spin thread? We want to hear about your techniques, your successes, you failures and your ideas and how you can help us.

Leg-Spin-Loowis said:
Hi I'm a new member and an aspiring cricketer. At 15, I had county trials the year before last but sadly didn't make the cut. I bowl Leg-spin, and like to think I do a good job of it. I have a few queries however...

1. Some matches my line and length are terrible, I put it down to muscle fatigue but was wondering if any of you could reccomend a training game or drill to help me with this?

2. Variation. At the moment I have the standard Leg-Breaking ball, a Doosra (quicker Off-'cutting' ball) and a more 'loopy' ball which applies more turn and drift. I was wondering if anyone could reccomend a few more to really bamboozle the batsman ;)

Thanks in advance, I look forward to hearing and replying ;)

Hi Leg-Spin-Loowis and welcome to the board!

In terms of question number 1, the best drill is to just bowl! General fitness will also help, but there is nothing like working on bowling fitness by actually bowling.

As someblokecalleddave says, the (huge) leg spin thread is a good (but possibly daunting) place to start, so have a look and don't be worried about posting any questions here (or indeed there).

Hope you find the board of use.

Thank you both. I saw that thread but didn't really want to look through all 51 pages haha.

I shall do just that though :)

And I have been down the net's a lot recently but typical british summer weather ruined my chances of doing that in half term :( haha

Even the best leg spinners get it wrong . I think warne was the bowler that has been hit for most sixes in the history of test cricket. Was seeing Mcgill vs w. indies. He spun it a mile even his googly did so but he had a few full tosses that where dispatched and half trackers that where pulled especially once with a flipper that was off line and short. So practice makes near perfect but never quite perfect

As ur only 15 i can recomend is that u keep keep practising ur stock leg break before jumpin into a google or a toppy...

Bowling leg spin is a very tough art, dw that u did not make the trials just keep practising, use some cones on a good length, or when in the nets use a string and make sure u bowl over that string, this may be used to help with ur flight....

practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice,

and then

practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice,

Back