help with wrongun

Diesel

Hi, when i go to bowl a topspinner the seam goes horizontal when the ball is in the air and the ball turns like a wrongun. what am i doing wrong, should i changed it.
thank you

the seam goes horizontal when the ball is in the air

I didn't quite get what you meant by that description. Does this ball turn much ?

There is a grey area between the topspinner and wrongun where you get topspinning wronguns that dont turn or drift like a full on googly but you have to still put them in the wrongun clan because a topspinner is a topspinner is a topsinner. Any deviation one way or the other will give a legbreak or offbreak.

for a googly when you finish bowling your palm should be parallel or thereabouts to produce a googly with any kind of turn on it :) hope this helps

As Macca says when you're bowling wrong uns you're incorporating top - spin with the off-spin, this is your variation. If you're looking to learn the wrong un, focus on getting your top-spinner first and then it's a natrual development from there. You may find that just bowling top-spinners you'll accidentally produce wrong us as result. The palm at the end of the action is almost pointed upwards towards the sky.

Back