How do we get more people coming onto this site?

Re: How do we get more people coming onto this site?

LIONS then DAYLIGHT;389026 said:
There also seem to be a heap of posters who post in the club cricket bit of the forum but never post in the International board or the Australian board to talk about international cricket?

It seems a bit odd.

It is something that we are aware of and attempting to address. You have to remember that this site was an off shoot of Big Footy and as such has suffered somewhat because of that.

It serves a purpose for a number of Big Footy posters in that they can pop over, shoot the breeze with other players in their competition then go back to Big Footy. They have little to no interest in the international side of things (or so it seems).

Have you ever gone into bigfooty and read the cricket board just out of interest?

And if so what do you think of it?

I haven't although I hear it is pretty poor. Then again some of the club threads on here are very poor.

My explanation was a little misleading but the truth is that in the early days a lot of the membership here was due to BF. Hopefully that has diversified somewhat butmy gut instinct is that there is still a sizeable cross over.

Yeah there has been a fair bit of a crossover.

Most of the guys on here that come from Australia are or were on Big Footy.

My username refers to Brisbane Lions AFL team, eddiesmith has been on the bigfooty board for years, same with Caesar and Kram81, Ljp86 once called me a muppet on bigfooty.

In some ways the cricket board on bigfooty is too populated, especially when the big matchs/series is on - you get a lot of fly ins who want to get noticed so they say the most outrageous things to stand out from the crowd.

In some ways it's good that we have a consistent set of posters on here to talk cricket with.

LIONS then DAYLIGHT;389218 said:
Yeah there has been a fair bit of a crossover.

Most of the guys on here that come from Australia are or were on Big Footy.

My username refers to Brisbane Lions AFL team, eddiesmith has been on the bigfooty board for years, same with Caesar and Kram81, Ljp86 once called me a muppet on bigfooty.

In some ways the cricket board on bigfooty is too populated, especially when the big matchs/series is on - you get a lot of fly ins who want to get noticed so they say the most outrageous things to stand out from the crowd.

In some ways it's good that we have a consistent set of posters on here to talk cricket with.

Esky stealer. :D

All those threads were a piss take, I swear on my life. I have never stolen an esky, or witnessed a fight in maccas, or gone into a bottleo without shoes.

Still, every now and then I go back and read those threads, good for a laugh.

Regardless of whethey they were a pisstake or not they were still pretty funny. @|

The BigFooty board would improve by about 200% if they banned most of the Victorians with their us vs the rest of Australia bullshit, and it would still be pretty ordinary though after that. These days I pretty much just post there under an alias for a bit of a laugh, it's too far gone.

As far as this board goes I reckon it would be great to get some more Englishmen on here for some friendly banter with the Ashes coming up next summer.

Back