how i can increase my pace and how i can swing the ball?

smartfrndaddy

how i can increase my pace and how i can swing the ball?

hi,
i m aditya,age 14,right arm till now a medium pacer,and want u all to help me out in how to bowl fast and tips for swinging the ball.plz help.

Re: how i can increase my pace and how i can swing the ball?

Hi, Aditya and welcome to the board.

A first point of call would be to have a read through the thread - http://www.simplycricket.net/bowling-faster-t684.0.html and then come with any questions.

There are a lot of links so take your time and I'll be happy to help from there.

If you find the forum helpful then please don't forget to spread the word!

Hey mate, unfortunately bowling really fast and swinging the ball don't always like each other, but we'll see.

Firstly, do you want to swing the ball in to the right hander or away?

For outswing, hold the ball with the seam pointed to first slip, with your index finger slightly tighter on the ball than your middle finger, with the shiny side on the right of you, and the rougher side on the side you want to swing it to (in this case, the left side). Then as you let go, I forgot the word, but run your fingers down the seam so the seam stays upright, and make sure your arm isnt coming right over your ear, make it come over a bit wider (but not too wide). Sorry, it is kinda hard for me to explain things without showing you actions.

go on youtube.com and type cloverdale bowling tips...that explains alot about swing etc

go on youtube.com and type cloverdale bowling tips...that explains alot about swing etc

[ame="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4410213710170264644"]02 Cricket Masterclass Fast Bowling[/ame]

that vid. helped me....

[ame="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4410213710170264644"]02 Cricket Masterclass Fast Bowling[/ame]

that vid. helped me....

that helped me too. before it was really hard for me to get swing but after the learning the basics
its more easy

that helped me too. before it was really hard for me to get swing but after the learning the basics
its more easy

smartfrndaddy said:
hi,
i m aditya,age 14,right arm till now a medium pacer,and want u all to help me out in how to bowl fast and tips for swinging the ball.plz help.
Hi Aditya,Welcome Aboard.
Which part of India u come from?

smartfrndaddy said:
hi,
Hi Aditya,Welcome Aboard.
Which part of India u come from?

There is no secret to fast bowling. Post a video of your action if you want some analysis.

There is no secret to fast bowling. Post a video of your action if you want some analysis.

King Pietersen said:
Wow, that was a fantastic video. Great post, really helpful video, will be trying out the cutters mentioned in the video at nets tommorow night.

The key is to make sure that your hand goes down in a straight line at the same, if not a quicker speed to ensure that the ball does not simply fly off to the left or right. It is a tough thing to do.

King Pietersen said:
Wow, that was a fantastic video. Great post, really helpful video, will be trying out the cutters mentioned in the video at nets tommorow night.

The key is to make sure that your hand goes down in a straight line at the same, if not a quicker speed to ensure that the ball does not simply fly off to the left or right. It is a tough thing to do.

if new ball is given to me den also i have 2 point the grip at 1st slip for an outswinger????
plz help me in inswing deliveries,tell me about the follow through????

if new ball is given to me den also i have 2 point the grip at 1st slip for an outswinger????
plz help me in inswing deliveries,tell me about the follow through????

The new ball won't swing as much as a few overs old ball.

For the inswinger, your arm has to be really high and come over close to your head,

The new ball won't swing as much as a few overs old ball.

For the inswinger, your arm has to be really high and come over close to your head,

for the new ball its about wrist position...angle seam and wrist towards slip and bowl with open action it will go out swinger...seam towards leg stump and ball with a closed action it will go inswing.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uJPHwq0vaU"]YouTube - Shoaib tips on fast bowling....[/ame]

sorry its not in english but try to go by his actions

for the new ball its about wrist position...angle seam and wrist towards slip and bowl with open action it will go out swinger...seam towards leg stump and ball with a closed action it will go inswing.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uJPHwq0vaU"]YouTube - Shoaib tips on fast bowling....[/ame]

sorry its not in english but try to go by his actions

Don't try to swing the ball both ways with 2 different actions mate. I bowl outswingers, but I can bowl an inswinger, which doesn't swing too much, but it's bowled with basically the same action, or arm position, so it is less obvious to pick.

Don't try to swing the ball both ways with 2 different actions mate. I bowl outswingers, but I can bowl an inswinger, which doesn't swing too much, but it's bowled with basically the same action, or arm position, so it is less obvious to pick.

Back