How Often do you train and is it enough?

Timed Out

How Often do you train and is it enough?

Just wondering how often most teams train per week.

In the season we train once a week but id much prefer to train 2 or 3 times a week. Views appreciated.

Re: How Often do you train and is it enough?

Usually once or twice a week. More if I see my mates.

When I was younger it would be about 3/4 times a week, nowadays its less maybe just the once at best.

I havent trained for 3 weeks now and its annoying me intensely

Its not necesarily about how often you train. Certainly regular trainig helps but instead training with focus is more important. EG Kepler Wessels (SA team Captain) used to go into the nets and block every ball for 2 hours. Depressing for a bowler but good for test batting concentration.
Pro's also get bowlers to bowl in a specific area for long periods, to practise a specific shot until they have honed it into their muscle memory.

Right now I am practising my back-and-across movement as low bouncing wickets mean you cant cut many bally outside off stump and instead need to turn it into a drive.

I train once a week but sometimes I like to go down to the nets and don extra batting pratice.

There are some teams that train on a daily basis, but others that only train one or two times a week. I think that if you have a team that plays well together then you might not need as much training or practice than others who do not work as well together.

Once a week.Getting some all weather nets soon so will be more often.

I practice in the nets on weekends I want to do more but I busy with school the whole of the week.

Back