How to get more pace

DJ Rain

How to get more pace

hi, I am 15 years old & I bowl fast-medium.. I am able to get outswing & inswing with the new ball, and I can even get reverse sometimes with the new ball... My run-up is 17 steps with medium strides... However I still lack the pace needed to beat the batsmen... I've tried everything like bending my back or jumping higher I've even tried running harder but that just spoils
my rhythm & I get tired quickly.... Is there anyway that I can bowl faster without spoiling my rhythm & getting tired...

Any kind of help appreciated Thanks.

Re: How to get more pace

Hi DJ Rain!

Have a look at the Fitness and Nutrition Forum, particularly the 'Bowling Faster' thread. You may find some kindred spirits there ;)

David and I are [almost] always on hand to answer any of your questions.

Hopefully, see you there :D

DJ Rain said:
hi, I am 15 years old & I bowl fast-medium.. I am able to get outswing & inswing with the new ball, and I can even get reverse sometimes with the new ball... My run-up is 17 steps with medium strides... However I still lack the pace needed to beat the batsmen... I've tried everything like bending my back or jumping higher I've even tried running harder but that just spoils
my rhythm & I get tired quickly.... Is there anyway that I can bowl faster without spoiling my rhythm & getting tired...

Any kind of help appreciated Thanks.

And whilst you are in this part of the forum, post a video of your action for biomechanical scrutiny.

thanks Liz I checked the fitness & nutrition zone it has some stuff that can help
me with my bowling & batting.. but i think its nothing physical it just that
when I deliver the ball it just dosent seem to reach the batsmen fast enough
to really trouble him with the swing that i get.

Locking your front leg at the knee is apparently an effective way of getting through your action quick, with more thrust.

Pretty sure Brett Lee uses this technique...

some of my friends & my coach say that I have a action similar to brett lee
so if it works for him then i'll have a go

hi...............plz can u help me out in my pace bowling im left arm medium pacer hw 2 increase my pace
Liz Ward said:
Hi DJ Rain!

Have a look at the Fitness and Nutrition Forum, particularly the 'Bowling Faster' thread. You may find some kindred spirits there ;)

David and I are [almost] always on hand to answer any of your questions.

Hopefully, see you there :D

Back