i cant do both

gregor

i cant do both

ok

whenever i try to bowl fast i can but i have a longer and faster run up and am trying harder but i cant bowl accurate and it always angles down the leg side even when i try to bowl straight

and when i try to bowl accurate with a slower run up i can get it on stump and a good line and length almost every time but it is to slow to swing a decent amount or beat the batsmen with pace

so how can i bowl fast but still be accurate

Re: i cant do both

yeah i agree with jonesy.... how slow r we talking about here?? (rough guess)

i previously had the same problem.... i found that the problem was in my action... when i worried about pace my action got scrambled causing loss in accuracy..

hit the nets hard m8... thats about the only way to fix it.. keep your head up and practice

gregor said:
ok

whenever i try to bowl fast i can but i have a longer and faster run up and am trying harder but i cant bowl accurate and it always angles down the leg side even when i try to bowl straight

and when i try to bowl accurate with a slower run up i can get it on stump and a good line and length almost every time but it is to slow to swing a decent amount or beat the batsmen with pace

so how can i bowl fast but still be accurate

Sounds like the problem is that your falling away in action when you try to put more effort in.

Try to stay tall at the crease, keeping your bowling arm nice and straight. It will take time to readjust your action so will maybe need to ask the help of a coach.

If your able to post a video, showing yourself bowling from a number of angles then we could help more, at the moment the above is the simple answer.

I agree with Tom, the chances are that you're falling over in delivery when trying to gain the extra pace. I still do this sometimes if I'm not concentrating hard so it's definitely something I watch out for.

thanks guys its wierd i just kept my long run up but didnt try as hard but they were still coming out fast so i could just focus on accuracy thanks for the help guys im betting more wickets now before than i ever did

the other day from this i got 3 wickets for 0 runs off 5 overs

Back