I have no confidence

Re: I have no confidence

Sean said:
I don't know if this should go in this thread aswell, but how do I 'trust my instinct'? I want to, but I always think what I'm going to play, and not trust my instincts. Maybe this is why I'm not so good at short balls?

You play by instinct every ball (pretty much, although some shots may be more pre-determined than others) but it is something that comes with practice and experience.

Get someone to fire in balls to you so that you have to play on the back foot and pull/hook, then start to mix it up more. You'll soon pick the length and line earlier meaning you can get in position and deal with them easier.

sean get a m8 and go down to nets and get some throwdowns not all short because then you'll always be gettting on the back foot but tell him to throw them down not that quick and mix it up with a few short ones and just get used to pulling/hooking away some and ducking and leaving others.Your confidence will grow and nerves will go and he can start throw them down gradually quxiker then he can start bowling [pace at you and ur nerves of getting hit shud go and u shud just want to play cricket with no fears of getting hurt ;)

I read somewhere that a great way of practising dodging balls was the get a mate to throw a tennis ball at the ground in front of you really hard so it bounces up the right amount at a good pace. Don't hit it, just get out of the way as fast as you can. It should mean that you can at least trust yourself to get out the way, then you can start to work on trying to score runs off them!!

Back