I want To increas my bowling speed

ag23

I want To increas my bowling speed

Im 14 years old i can bowl right arm legspin and offspin im getting better at those but i also want to improve on my fastbowling my friends say its fast but i dont think so is there any exercises and drills to increase bowling speed?

Re: I want To increas my bowling speed

in my opinion m8... if you wanna get serious about bowling is choose spin or choose pace... try and focus on one rather then both....

"Bowling Action: Right arm fast/medium Right arm wrist and finger spin"

you wanna try and limit that 2 one so 100% of your focus can be towards that...

just an opinion :)

i agree wit aussie boy
but also every pace bowler all they want is speed
u cant rlly do much to increase speed
but most thing u need is accuray its what you can do with the ball

yeah i should choose one but the only problem is that im a natural at legspinning and i have a few balls i can throw in my armory. I only off spin if im my leg break and variations arent getting the wickets. So ill probably just start sticking with fast bowling and legspinning

ag23 said:
somebody posts some vids or give me the links of great fast bowling cricketers or vids about how to bowl good :D

All bowlers have unique styles.

On whether to go side on or front on, ask an impartial observer to check the position of your back foot upon landing. If it points sideways, go side on and if it points to the batsman, go front on.

dont get too caught up on this idea of "drills and exercises " to increase bowling speed. IF you want to bowl faster- practise bowling fast- work on the actual movement FIRST and try to improve your technique. You have to remember that fast bowling (run up-delivery stride-action-follow through) is a complicated movment which requires high levels of body coordination and timing- u need to develop your muscles by bowling.

Also make sure whatever strength/cross training you do is done in conjunction with bowling- if you train for a period ( and get stronger) without bowling - it wont carryover- and i learnt this from experience.

as manee said every bowler has his own style it dusnt matter if it looks"silly" as long as ur taking wickets it dusnt matter

yeah i took some of ur guys advice and my action changed alot thnx keep the advice coming

sorry dave no cant do im going to prove the world u can do both :D

someblokecalleddave said:
Yeah I reckon you're one or the other - you either bowl pace or you bowl spin - it's make your mind up time!

from learning the art of spin my leg cutter and off cutter are very affective :)

i see no reason why you can't go with both. you may have to pick one to concentrate on but there is no harm in practacing both. Symonds bowls a bit of everything after all and look where that got him!

Although he takes most of his wickets with spin, because that is what he has practiced for most of his life.

It's better to have one that is great and one that is reasonable than two that are just OK.

yeah 4 sure u can do it... i kno blokes that do it... but for a up and coming cricketer you rnt gunna go real well if your minds on 2 things...

Back