ICL Vs IPL

Rohitpatel

ICL Vs IPL

Well at the moment Indian Cricket is very hot. We have now more cricket as Indian private channel Zee Network will start their Cricket league Indian Cricket League which have some good players now and BCCI also announce Indian Premier League. So be ready for more good cricket.

Which would be best for you?

Re: ICL Vs IPL

Since IPL has the backing of BCCI it will be a success imo. As far as ICL are concerned they have signed some of the top names in the game so it will be interesting. We have to wait and watch as to which turns out to be the winner.

I think now IPL has many international stars. ICL are going to lose if they dont do something spectacular. ICL only has retired players while IPL has great exisiting international players so its going to be very exciting.

It's quite obvious that the ICL will flounder due to the lack of official support and the fact the BCCI has sanctioned its own version.

If they had moved quicker and played the tournament whilst it was still fresh news then it may have worked but I really feel that they have lost momentum.

They could have made a real impact, not as big as that by Kerry Packer but an impact never the less.

Someone needs to stand up to the BCCI for the good of the game, maybe next time. I doubt it though.

Almost_Austwick said:
If they had moved quicker and played the tournament whilst it was still fresh news then it may have worked but I really feel that they have lost momentum.

they announced everything a long time ago and it was hot for a while but then they postponed it and i think the interest would have died down by now. its going to be a flop because all the great players will be playing for IPL.

I think Paul Nixon has joined the ICL now. south african batsman Loots bosman was also offered contract but hes joined IPL. Bosman is not a good player but might be only good in T20.

i think ICL still can be successful because india won the T20 worldcup and now twenty20 is very popular in india so people will watch it. but IPL is more exciting. anyone got any details about the IPL tournament?

Manee, you usually have a decent opinion, so i'll put out the question to you, but anyone else feel free.

With all the advantages to both the ICL and IPL, which would you openly support. My opinion would be the IPL as its ICC backed. Would you agree with me? Why?

Having looked at the wiki articles for both I think the IPL will be the only winner. You need the backing of the ICC if you are to succeed as well as the BCCI they are too powerful.

swghayward79 said:
Having looked at the wiki articles for both I think the IPL will be the only winner. You need the backing of the ICC if you are to succeed as well as the BCCI they are too powerful.

The ICL will only become a potent force if they move toward FC and 50 over cricket and recruit a lot of young talent. The ICL's supposed power is superior organisation and coaching, neither of which mean much in T20.

I think IPL is stronger but if bcci can make bad decisions then it can be a disaster but I think ICL will be a flop show. Arent they playing all the matches in just one stadium?

the icl will start soon.... i think it will be intersting to watch....and 2020 is popular in india so lots of people will watch it

Vikram Solanki has also signed for ICL now. But ECB is very strict and they are going to ban all players that take part. This is very bad for ICL.

They are only going to ban players at the behast of the BCCI, who are throwing their weight around again.

The issue stems from the IPL as they refuse to allow players who have played in unsanctioned tournaments compete. This creates a problem if the likes of Leicestershire or Worcestershire qualify.

I have a sneaking feeling that this may all end up in court with the players fighting their corner on the restriction of trade law.

many international players are in india....the icl will start soon.....i am not sure how they call it talent development if they play only 20 20... its only for entertainment and i think many people will watch it but the popularity will decrease if first match is boring.

Well; we all have to wait and watch at 30th November'07 itself.
ICL has told that it will start 20/20 and then introduce ODI's, 3- Day and 5-Day cricket matches.

Back