Improving grip

Re: Improving grip

thanks for the advice liz. i have been practicing with weights in the nets for more than a week and i dont notice much pain in my wrists after the match so it has definately had some effect. the bat seems slightly more comfortable to hold now.

I am so pleased you noticed a difference Rob; if you have a bat you like, it's best to stick with it.

Thank you very much for giving me feedback on this, it means so much to me.

Keep the weights on when you are practicing and if you include rotator cuff exercises, there will be a noticeable difference in the power of your shots.

Powerballs?

Getting one for Christmas any idea what benefit it will give to my cricket and what areas it should improve? Also anyone had a go on one and can give me any more info on them.

For anyone who doesnt know what one is: [ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000PEDWII/ref=amb_link_52677765_1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=right-2&pf_rd_r=1PNVHKR7Q5DRFZGYCEZ8&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_p=167139791&pf_rd_i=1000123783[/ame]

Not as much as the good old press up. In fact, recent studies using electromyography have shown that a narrower than shoulder width hand position requires more triceps work than the shoulder or wider than shoulder hand positions and it also results in greater pectoralis involvement per repetition performed. The posterior press (arms underneath the body towards the waist) uses the pectoralis muscle even more!

The powerball activates different muscles depending on the position of your arm. Hopefully the instructions will help you with this.

Back