In Swing with the new ball - is it possible??

madbunny

In Swing with the new ball - is it possible??

Hi Guys,

I am an opening bowler and do very well due to the fact that I get alot of outswing with the new ball. I was just wondering though, It'd be nice to be able to make one come back every now and again to the right hander. Is it possible with the new ball? Also, with an older ball, i still manage to get outswing no matter which side the shiny side is facing, I can never manage to get it going the other way.

Any suggestions?

Re: In Swing with the new ball - is it possible??

Yeah, it's easy :laugh:.

I'll post up a decent guide tomorrow when I can think straight, I'm little snowed under with work here at the moment and need to collect my thoughts.

However, as a start this is the basic grip (which I'm sure you know):

inswing2.gif

I'll get some more photos later, especially from from behind the hand.

Ah the good old point the seam towards fine leg. I have tried that in the past, but the grip is soooooo awkward that i tend to bowl the ball 3 metres down leg side. I thought this only worked with an older ball, one side shiny, one side roughed up.

It should work with the new ball. I would say that the key thing in in swing is the wrist position. Get that right and the ball will move a lot.

To give you something to mull over, have a look at this thread over at Harrowdrive. The comments are well worth a look through.

watch bob woolmers youtube videos on bowling or cloverdale bowling coaching on utube

Back