India cricket fever

Re: India cricket fever

Don't think so, didn't Vishvanathan Annand win sportsman of the year or something after winning the international chess championships?

Sorry for spelling his name wrong.

Achievers in other sports are recognized but they rarely make the headlines if cricket is on.

yes, as Bindra & Anand more palyers in different games also should rise but India is not encouraging other sports in my view as Cricket , what's ur opinion

AB;277491 said:
Achievers in other sports are recognized but they rarely make the headlines if cricket is on.
yes, as Bindra & Anand more palyers in different games also should rise but India is not encouraging other sports in my view as Cricket ,

But we cannot off the cricket fever in India......................

Tonnage;277473 said:
Don't think so, didn't Vishvanathan Annand win sportsman of the year or something after winning the international chess championships?

Sorry for spelling his name wrong.
yes, as Bindra & Anand more palyers in different games also should rise but India is not encouraging other sports in my view as Cricket , what's ur opinion

But we cannot off the cricket fever in India......................

Yes India cricket fever will impact the achievements of others sports...
But it is the responsibility of the respective sports board officials to manage their sports more effeciently...just like BCCI did and are doing...
Other sports are also dependent on Central government funds as well and is transparency of the transactions clearly visible....that is a ? mark..

Back