Australia vs India, 1st T20I
Adelaide Oval, Adelaide

Jan 29, Fri
Australia vs India, 2nd T20I
Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne

Jan 31, Sun
Australia vs India, 3rd T20I
Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney

Australia chasing India's 309 in Perth, looks like Boland on debut copped a bit a pasting with the ball earlier today.

Australia go 1-0 up. Sharma batted exceptionally for the Indians with good support from Dhoni. But Smith and Bailey matched that for Australia as they got home in the final over. Smith was Man of the Match for his 149.

Why are all the pitches so flat nowadays? Ashwin usually spins the ball loads but I didn't see him get any turn today.

The heat we've had over several days last week wouldn't have helped. The pitch did look like the WACA of old though, good carry and plenty of bounce. The BBL game a week or so ago was good too, various cracks on the wicket, good pace and carry and movement off the seam.

Why are all the pitches so flat nowadays? Ashwin usually spins the ball loads but I didn't see him get any turn today.
lol at India should have had Bailey out for a globe but no drs. Really it's an absolute joke anyway that they can have any say whatsoever in the way the game is officiated.

Had to laugh at MS Dhoni claiming that because India don't favour the DRS, that 50/50 calls seem to go against them!

Shame it isn't Finch out... Two good matches in the World Cup and stuff all else.

Reckon Warner and Khawaja would be the best opening pair in ODI's.
The 1 meaningful score against England he should have been out for 0 as well but a Pom dropped a sitter at square leg. His technique is garbage and never rated him, but iirc before the WC he had fluked/slogged his way to our top scorer the year before so he was always in. Warner surprisingly also has a very mediocre record in ODIs and imo is only really selected on reputation and being VC.

Would never happen but I reckon Shaun Marsh and Khawaja would actually be out best opening partners.

I had high hopes for the 1 day season against India, but the pitches being prepared are boring. You might as well just fire the ground staff and lay a concrete slab, it'd give the same kind of batting practice. No cut, bounce, spin or anything but straight up and down, oh look another score of 300....*yawn*. If I want to watch bowlers get smashed to every part of the ground I'll watch the big bash. I want to see a decent contest between bat and ball, not this dull batsman friendly tripe.

T20 squad

Aaron Finch (capt), David Warner, Steven Smith, Shane Watson, Glenn Maxwell, Matthew Wade, James Faulkner, John Hastings, Shaun Marsh, Cameron Boyce, Nathan Lyon, Chris Lynn, Travis Head, Kane Richardson, Andrew Tye, Scott Boland, Shaun Tait

T20 squad

Aaron Finch (capt), David Warner, Steven Smith, Shane Watson, Glenn Maxwell, Matthew Wade, James Faulkner, John Hastings, Shaun Marsh, Cameron Boyce, Nathan Lyon, Chris Lynn, Travis Head, Kane Richardson, Andrew Tye, Scott Boland, Shaun Tait

No George Bailey? Other than that, decent squad..

Back