India In Australia & One-day Tri Series (aus, Eng, Ind) 14/15

They were never going to have a dip at it. 384 in 70 overs? No way were they even thinking about having a crack at it.
Less that 5.5 an over? It's pretty much their WC win run rate req. With the right attitude, they'd have given it a good run.

So Johnson out with a hamstring injury, I imagine he'll be rested for a couple of weeks now perhaps in readiness for the second half of the upcoming ODI tri series. It looks like Mitchell Starc will be his replacement.

Less that 5.5 an over? It's pretty much their WC win run rate req. With the right attitude, they'd have given it a good run.

That's a big rate to maintain for 70 overs on a fifth day pitch. Granted the pitch wasn't too bad but many countries wouldn't have a crack at that, most wouldn't even get close.

If Robot fails today surely it's curtains for his Test career. Knowing him though he'll finally do something when he's close to the axe in a dead rubber and be safe for another 12 months..

Watto battling like a man playing for his career. I like the guy but I kind of hope he doesn't get a score so the selectors hands are forced, he just simply not good enough to bat at 3. If he has to be in the side it has to be at 6 for the all rounder spot battling for selection with M.Marsh (or whoever else comes along).

I'm no Indian fan but could someone please tell Ian Chappell to stop criticizing India's captains? It does get old after a while..
He's been doing that to EVERY touring captain since I've been watching cricket from about 1990. I'm sure he is right most of the time but he just goes on and on and on about stuff. The bloke is a tool.

lol this looks like a highway, Haddin smashes the first ball for 6. I wonder when we will declare, probably around 600 or something.

Although it would be nice if India would actually look to score a bit..

Bloody slow going for the out there atm.

An extraordinary turnaround from Rahul. You could forgive a newbie for failing. But it Rahul was positively shit in Melbourne. I did not see a ball and could not listen to the radio today. It must've been like having a completely different player.

Was Watson on a hat-trick?

Back