Indoor Cricket - Tactics?

Re: Indoor Cricket - Tactics?

I play indoor cricket for Valley Under-15's (Wellington) and find when bowling, bowl at a yorker length either away from the batsmen so he has to reach for it or bowl a yorker near the batsmens feet so he struggles playing it.

talking about tactics, we played one side who scored 140 odd against us, a reasonable score for a average batting side in our competition then they proceded to bowl nothing but no balls and wides, they restricted us to about 80 runs from extras we virtually hit nothing off the bat!

Swines!

but an interesting tactic!

el-capitano;277946 said:
We've got half our team as young guys. They're the types who go for glory every week. Back net or nothing! Some weeks it'll come off and they'll walk off on 50-60. other weeks they'll get 10! ;)

Us older heads who play the nets might not get the big scores, but we'll average 35-40 each week. And we have a saying- if you can't defend anything over 120, you don't deserve to win the game! :)

Yeah the blokes that try to smash every ball to the back net annoy me when I've played, sure if it is a bad ball go for it but they seem too usually score ************ all doing this.

Back