initial shuffle

AUSSIE_BOY

initial shuffle

not all batsmen i kno do this but i do..... as the bowler reaches the crease i shuffle my stance from leg 2 middle.... i feel this is a great way to get ur feet moving (even better when facing express pace) but also helps u play ur shots as u have an extra second to sus the ball out....

the only problem i have is, i usually have a solid front foot defence... but i find when i shuffle my defence isnt as good.... is there an explanation 4 this... or is it just me with this problem???

Re: initial shuffle

How long ago did you develop this 'shuffle'?

It may be that you havent had time to really get into it

the trigger movement post was a bit of a help thanks m8....

jimmy i have only started this movement maybe 5 games ago.... i think ur right.. i just need 2 figure it out... this movement helps me big time in my stroke play, so im gunna try and keep it....

Well if it helps keep it, simple as that. Just get someone to bowl you balls that you can defend, and practice, practise, practise as the saying goes

The key thing is to keep the head, if the heads moving then you're goign to be all over the place.

Have a look at these videos from Michael Vaughan, he talks about trigger movement and head position.

You may be moving too quickly across the stumps giving you too much momentum, making you have to play shots such as drives. I had this problem. Make sure your not moving across too quickly and good luck trying it out in the nets.

A_A that link was great... thanks m8.. helped me out with a bit more then just my trigger movement lol

timed out i think ur right m8.... i might b gettin a bit keen and moving 2 fast... i think jimmy is right in sayin i just need 2 practice....

AUSSIE_BOY said:
not all batsmen i kno do this but i do..... as the bowler reaches the crease i shuffle my stance from leg 2 middle.... i feel this is a great way to get ur feet moving (even better when facing express pace) but also helps u play ur shots as u have an extra second to sus the ball out....

yea m8 i was just wondering who showed u this 'shuffle'

hahahaha

no one showed me it :D.... i picked it up from watching the 2nd drop in my team.......i think it works better 4 me :p jks m8 jks

A small initial movement is fine, so long as you keep your head as still as possible.

I think ideally, a small movement with your back foot across from a leg stump guard works best.

Try to avoid making your first movement with your front foot as it makes it harder to move it again whichcan cause you to play around your pads, opening up an LBW opportunity.

my trigger movement is a slight shuffle from leg to middle.... rear leg moving 1st.... seems to work fairly well for me now

na m8... i do this shuffle bcoz otherwise i feel like i can only defend or play of my pads... it just helps me get my feet moving

Back