iPhone cricket counter

Cubes

iPhone cricket counter

Does anyone know if there is an application to keep track of the balls bowled in an over etc for an iPhone?

Re: iPhone cricket counter

Hey Guys,
I saw your post and thought I might do a little research and see if there was a cricket counter. I actually stumbled across something called "Ultimate Umpire" on Itunes. Its a new application designed as a cricket counter and can be used on ipod touch and iphones.
Dowloaded it and had a play and it looks pretty good, it even includes extras, wickets, runs etc. Not to mention its pretty cheap too!!

Looking forward to trying it out tomorrow in our game. Will let you know how it goes.

There is another one called Cricket Clicker which I stumbled upon. Costs, so I've not tried it but might be worth a look.

I just use my fingers and when I get to five, there's one to come ... otherwise I use a plastic counter.

BTW, etiquette says that mobile phones stay off the cricket field.

Etiquette says that we should all wear whites.
Etiquette says that the Captains make a speech at tea time
Etiquette says that a game should go longer than 20 overs an innings!
etc. etc.

Move with the times old man Stacksy, it worked well for me!

Use your iPod if you do not want a phone out there, but the camera is awesome on the iPhone to take some "Action snaps" for your club websites!
That is if you have one? you may still be writing to your teamates on the blackboard in the clubrooms?:)

I'd find using a touchscreen too fiddly. I prefer a normal metal counter I can manage with one hand.

Cubes;404889 said:
Etiquette says that we should all wear whites.
Etiquette says that the Captains make a speech at tea time
Etiquette says that a game should go longer than 20 overs an innings!
etc. etc.

Move with the times old man Stacksy, it worked well for me!

Use your iPod if you do not want a phone out there, but the camera is awesome on the iPhone to take some "Action snaps" for your club websites!
That is if you have one? you may still be writing to your teamates on the blackboard in the clubrooms?:)

Maybe the RDCA allows phones on the field but a number of associations have it in their rules that phones aren't allowed on the field. Then again these phone companies would do anything for a quid.

One comp I know fined a player for using a phone at square leg - then again why would you feel the need to play games on a phone when at square leg???

And yes we do have a website - I do it.

The good old plastic or metal counters are the best for this, no need to over complicate things. The umpires don't need to score, they just need something that takes their mind off counting so they can do what they need to do - umpire.

However it's the scoresheets I would like to be computerised. Not sure what happens at individual clubs everywhere, but we use the sheets of paper where you cross off scores, write in tallies and record ball by ball with figures. I'm an avid collector of stats to see how everything comes along and I normally spend either precious time in the midde distracting myself trying to keep count of things or spending 10 minutes decoding a score sheet so I can jot down my figures.

I think it would be a lot easier to bring down a laptop with a scoring program, or at the least a spreadsheet template (I have one as a matter of fact) and it takes away having to scribble and cross out. Then players can easily walk up, write down what they need and walk away, or even better each spreadsheet can go up on a website for all to see.

I'm in the process of writing a scoresheet program. It's very rough at the moment. It tracks individual balls faced and when completed, with give manhatten graphs, run rate graphs, partnerships summaries, who was the best bowler, who was the best batsman. any other ideas would be greatly appreciated to cover the needs of all scorers?

Back