Is Drs Necessary?

It should be compulsory for all international games. No more of this some series have it and some don't rubbish.

Drs should be placed and no matter what people say, through the past years I have seen too much decision's given out that are not out or the opposite by umpires. Then again umpires are humans they make mistake's so players should be given the opportunity to try to overrule the on field umpires call by using drs. For countries like 'India' it is fine if they don't want to use drs but to make it fair the opposition must be allowed to use drs if they choose to otherwise it would be unfair.

Drs should be placed and no matter what people say, through the past years I have seen too much decision's given out that are not out or the opposite by umpires. Then again umpires are humans they make mistake's so players should be given the opportunity to try to overrule the on field umpires call by using drs. For countries like 'India' it is fine if they don't want to use drs but to make it fair the opposition must be allowed to use drs if they choose to otherwise it would be unfair.

Good points. I don't think the DRS needs to be scrapped; I just think it needs to be revised.

I still think that the review system should be given to the umpires. Say...every innings of a match, both umpires have a total of two reviews where they can ask upstairs on LBW's, catches etc. The biggest argument I've heard against this one is using too much time up but I don't see how this would use up anymore time than the current system does.. Name another sport where the player's are involved in the decision-making process?

Good points. I don't think the DRS needs to be scrapped; I just think it needs to be revised.

I still think that the review system should be given to the umpires. Say...every innings of a match, both umpires have a total of two reviews where they can ask upstairs on LBW's, catches etc. The biggest argument I've heard against this one is using too much time up but I don't see how this would use up anymore time than the current system does.. Name another sport where the player's are involved in the decision-making process?

american football

Well u made a very nice point but personally my friend I would think that reviews for umpires would not be good because they are paid professionals giving them reviews for lbw's and caught behinds is pretty much pointless.

Well u made a very nice point but personally my friend I would think that reviews for umpires would not be good because they are paid professionals giving them reviews for lbw's and caught behinds is pretty much pointless.

How is it more pointless than the current system? They have a similar system to what I've suggested in rugby.

How is it more pointless than the current system? They have a similar system to what I've suggested in rugby.
The current system is fine accept india doesn't allow drs when they vrs other teams. The current system gives each team 2 drs in test's and I'am not sure if it apply's in t20's and one day international's but, my point is that teams should be given 2 reviews per match in all formats of the game to review lbw's and caught behinds no matter what team they vrs. Umpires already have reviews anyways for run outs, no balls, stumping's and catches. Giving them reviews for lbw's is therefore not a good idea.

The system in rugby is completely dire, far worse than in cricket.

It could be argued that it is a result of rubbish reffing and also that rugby is a very complicated game that several situations can be interpreted in different ways by the referees.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia-v-south-africa-2014-15/content/story/798507.html

"Viewers will be able to hear the communications between the TV umpire and the on-field officials in the upcoming one-day series between Australia and South Africa, and possibly during some matches at next year's World Cup. The ICC has announced the broadcasting trial for the five-match ODI series, starting on Friday, in an effort to demystify the umpiring process for home viewers."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia-v-south-africa-2014-15/content/story/798507.html

"Viewers will be able to hear the communications between the TV umpire and the on-field officials in the upcoming one-day series between Australia and South Africa, and possibly during some matches at next year's World Cup. The ICC has announced the broadcasting trial for the five-match ODI series, starting on Friday, in an effort to demystify the umpiring process for home viewers."
I guess this is a good move but its debatable

Back