Is Glen The Future Of Aus?

Will maxwell continue his form?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nowhere near up to it. Good limited overs player, poor test cricketer.

Has little to no patience and really doesn't offer much with the ball at test level. Must go back to the Shield and work on his game.

Needs to grow a cricketing brain as he plays like a child showing off. Warner used to be a bit like that.

Needs to grow a cricketing brain as he plays like a child showing off. Warner used to be a bit like that.

Warner has grown up though. Not sure Maxwell can.

He'll have to get more than ducks in the Shield then...

Got a century in the most recent game against Queensland and hit another big century in a second XI game. Certainly hitting some form at the right time of the year.

From what i have seen in the t20's and the ODI's maxwell doesn't seem to be able to adjust to the different forms of the game.
To me he seems like he wants to hit every ball for 6 rather than getting a single off the first ball.

From what i have seen in the t20's and the ODI's maxwell doesn't seem to be able to adjust to the different forms of the game.
To me he seems like he wants to hit every ball for 6 rather than getting a single off the first ball.

I agree, it seems to be a problem with Maxwell in that he isn't able to adjust his game to what is required. He had a massive opportunity tonight to play a match saving innings but went for the big shot on his fifth ball of the innings and was caught at first slip for just two. It's extremely disappointing given the talent he has and his great ability to hit a big ball.

I agree, it seems to be a problem with Maxwell in that he isn't able to adjust his game to what is required. He had a massive opportunity tonight to play a match saving innings but went for the big shot on his fifth ball of the innings and was caught at first slip for just two. It's extremely disappointing given the talent he has and his great ability to hit a big ball.
Just to further this point. Did you happen to watch Steve Smith bat without letting the whole game get into his head? That's what maxwell has to do. Once maxwell does this at grade and state level he should be able to adjust to the different forms of the game. To me it seemed that maxwell was playing with too much arrogance and not enough composure like you would see with smith, finch and warner.

It's tough to draw comment on how Glen goes about things. He might be given clear instructions from captain/coach about how he should bat. If not, then we'll soon see if he doesn't get picked. He obviously has talent and obviously can take a game away from the opposition, but the shot he played in the last game when he could have made 15 ish no, shows he is impetuous. But Lehmann could have wanted him to play this way...

It's tough to draw comment on how Glen goes about things. He might be given clear instructions from captain/coach about how he should bat. If not, then we'll soon see if he doesn't get picked. He obviously has talent and obviously can take a game away from the opposition, but the shot he played in the last game when he could have made 15 ish no, shows he is impetuous. But Lehmann could have wanted him to play this way...

I doubt Lehmann would have wanted him to play that way, most of the time he is completely reckless with his batting. Some of the time it comes off but more often that not he does something rather silly and fails. It's something that needs to be rectified as he is quickly becoming our version of Shahid Afridi, great cricketer with a heap of talent who can smash a cricket ball very far but doesn't have much of a cricket brain.

Glen 'No Show' Maxwell? I think it'd be a joke if Australia kept picking him. Their current issue is that their team used to be the best of the best. Now its a case of what-ever your last name is will get you selected (Look at Shane Watson for example, how many more times can a guy fail and still be picked) and they are starting to hand out the baggy-green's like they are tic-tacs.

Back