James Muirhead

Muirhead is the kid in this clip. He has taken the wickets of all the England players in his games against them this summer. Cook, Bell, Pieterson and the rest of the line-up and tail as well.

He has been bowling with MacGill/Warne like revs this season and can get spin on any wicket. He is the reason Warne has taken on coaching the spinners. Warne has coached him a fair bit already and helped him get on at St Kilda and Victoria.

Watched the highlights last night, thought he showed real promise, pitched the ball up without lobbing it up slowly like so many spinners do.

If I'm honest I think I could have bowled out England at this stage of the tour. Really hope he develops now anyway.

The boys from mighty NSW gave Muirhead a lesson today. I agree with Ponting when asks why has Muirhead got the cheer squad and shoehorn behind him. Anyone can see Cameron Boyce is ready for test cricket right now. He should be in South Africa, historically they are as almost as clueless against legspin as those English dunces.

The boys from mighty NSW gave Muirhead a lesson today. I agree with Ponting when asks why has Muirhead got the cheer squad and shoehorn behind him. Anyone can see Cameron Boyce is ready for test cricket right now. He should be in South Africa, historically they are as almost as clueless against legspin as those English dunces.

Boyce is nowhere near the Australian side and with a bowling average of over 44 I'd say he's a fair way off.

Boyce is nowhere near the Australian side and with a bowling average of over 44 I'd say he's a fair way off.

Maybe, but Warne's average in the Sheffield Shield was a mediocre 35.39 and Warnes strike rate of 73.6 in interstate first class cricket is not quite as good as Boyces strike rate in the shield of a wicket every 71.3 balls. Of course Australian batsmen play Australian legspin on Australian wickets better than anyone else. I reckon Boyce would earn a better average than 44 against the likes of South Africa and England on any wicket.

I am not going on the stats at all, just on who I reckon is our best legspinner at the moment. Boyce just impressed me with his variety, control and cunning this season.

Maybe, but Warne's average in the Sheffield Shield was a mediocre 35.39 and Warnes strike rate of 73.6 in interstate first class cricket is not quite as good as Boyces strike rate in the shield of a wicket every 71.3 balls. Of course Australian batsmen play Australian legspin on Australian wickets better than anyone else. I reckon Boyce would earn a better average than 44 against the likes of South Africa and England on any wicket.

I am not going on the stats at all, just on who I reckon is our best legspinner at the moment. Boyce just impressed me with his variety, control and cunning this season.

Yeah, Boyce or Ahmed would be our premier leg-spinners along with Muirhead who I think is just ahead. But none of those three are going to be out and out stars at international level at this stage. In terms of the better prospect, I'd say Muirhead is leading with Boyce and Ahmed not far behind. Muirhead gives the ball a big rip which I like, I was certainly impressed with him in the T20I's that he played a month ago. Got turn and bounce and I'm glad Warne is working with him, definitely has potential.

Back