John Wright Gone!

I was hoping they were lining up John Buchanan to take over, but it doesn't look like it. I could have sworn someone highlighted the "boys club" attitude of the players and NZC higher-ups, and I've always had a sneaking suspicion of this. I don't have all the facts to insinuate anything, but I sure wish there was a bit more transparency and... I don't know... accountability? from everyone.

Apparently the board were 50/50 over this but the financial implications of cutting the contracts of Buchanan and co early weighed against Wright, it should also be noted that Wright would not have taken the team through to the 2015 WC.

So another decision by NZC based on finances, why let cricket get in the way of the bank balance?

Apparently the board were 50/50 over this but the financial implications of cutting the contracts of Buchanan and co early weighed against Wright, it should also be noted that Wright would not have taken the team through to the 2015 WC.

So another decision by NZC based on finances, why let cricket get in the way of the bank balance?

I hope your being sarcastic? If it's only about money, NZ cricket will be screwed forever

I think this is a case of personality clashes. Buchanan seems to do that and Wright I sense has had enough and thus the contract is ending. Wright seems to me the best man for the job but I think Buchanan being director of cricket will make things difficult.

One thing to keep in mind, is that I think the new coach will be developing players as the current squad is on the old side.

I think this is a case of personality clashes. Buchanan seems to do that and Wright I sense has had enough and thus the contract is ending. Wright seems to me the best man for the job but I think Buchanan being director of cricket will make things difficult.

One thing to keep in mind, is that I think the new coach will be developing players as the current squad is on the old side.

Definitely the right man for the job, it is a massive shame. Wright was developing new players such as Williamson, Nethula, Hira and Latham etc. Though you are right, most of the current squad are on the old side but that's because NZ doesn't have the depth to have massive player exoduses, it has to be a gradual process

Definitely the right man for the job, it is a massive shame. Wright was developing new players such as Williamson, Nethula, Hira and Latham etc. Though you are right, most of the current squad are on the old side but that's because NZ doesn't have the depth to have massive player exoduses, it has to be a gradual process
Agree with you on that, John Bracewell's 'forced' retirement of a few older players (Astle, Cairns etc.) left a gaping experience hole in the side that we've struggled to fill to this day. Any change with a NZ side has to be gradual, if a player isn't world class then we have to realise that there may not be anything else available. Even at our best we bet teams with discipline and tactics from outside the box.

Back