Junior Changes

the new rule changes are great. The shortened pitch is a huge plus and batters retiring after facing a set amount of balls ensures all kids get a bat which will keep more juniors playing.

the new rule changes are great. The shortened pitch is a huge plus and batters retiring after facing a set amount of balls ensures all kids get a bat which will keep more juniors playing.
Will it make it harder at next level though? Will the kids have to learn to bowl from 22 yards anyway?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Will it make it harder at next level though? Will the kids have to learn to bowl from 22 yards anyway?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Yes, but by which point they’ve grown so they can actually get it down the other end with a proper technique.
Previously they’d just sling it down, there were ridiculously high numbers of wides/ no balls and no batter would actually get to hit it.
Now they can learn a proper technique and they are strong enough to bowl it properly.
Check out some of the pilot results - the increase in balls actually able to be hit is astounding.

Only thing I’d change is make the first level 8 a side rather than 7. Much more easy to manage the batting.

YPL cricket to be removed and the Premier clubs taking control of the Dowling Shield - cricket is going back to the 80's.

Back