lack of diversity

Status
Not open for further replies.

teamorale491

lack of diversity

on behalf of teamorale491 i am sick of seeing the same names pop up on every single post:

Twirl
Through the gate
the import
Fiskem
Fioradud

get people from your school to join up so it can be a truly global APS affair!

APS morale +3

Re: lack of diversity

If you want to see more names then go out there and bring them in. Talk your club/school/region whatever. The more you put the name out the more people will venture in.

teamorale491;286048 said:
on behalf of teamorale491 i am sick of seeing the same names pop up on every single post:

Twirl
Through the gate
the import
Fiskem
Fioradud

get people from your school to join up so it can be a truly global APS affair!

APS morale +3

I never get tired of the contributions of through the gate or fiskem, both quality posters. Team Oral isnt bad either.

I take it as an insult that you are tired of me

dont even get me started on the import

mas cambios;286058 said:
If you want to see more names then go out there and bring them in. Talk your club/school/region whatever. The more you put the name out the more people will venture in.

Agree, the best way to get people to join is to let them know that this place exists. Doing that through word of mouth is probably the best way, not only can you let your own mates know, but players from other schools as well.

Then there's the guys who posted last season but haven't visited this season yet, make sure you let them know that discussion is back up and running.

Spread the word, they won't know until you tell them.

TheStraighter1;286078 said:
i am a regular and i dont even get recognised. look at the number of posts 'TheStraighter1' has. DISRESPECTFUL!

im deeply sorry and you truly are a great contributer straighter one...whoever u may be.

however it is not that i find the posts of fioradud, the import etc boring, its just we need more thoughts - the cheese grater has been good of late but i suspect we do not have representatives from enough schools. get the word around.

Ljp86;286093 said:
Agree, the best way to get people to join is to let them know that this place exists. Doing that through word of mouth is probably the best way, not only can you let your own mates know, but players from other schools as well.

Then there's the guys who posted last season but haven't visited this season yet, make sure you let them know that discussion is back up and running.

Spread the word, they won't know until you tell them.

Most of the guys who posted last season have left school now though...

FioraDud;286123 said:
Most of the guys who posted last season have left school now though...

Fair enough. Would still be worth telling players from other schools about the forum if you want more activity.

Ljp86;286572 said:
Fair enough. Would still be worth telling players from other schools about the forum if you want more activity.

how do you keep a tab on such an obsure post like this, do you live on big cricket?

through the gate;286597 said:
how do you keep a tab on such an obsure post like this, do you live on big cricket?

I help run the site. I suggested a few ideas to those who want to interact with more players from this competition. Part of my role here is to expand the activity of BigCricket and I'd like to see more posters on this board as much as you and the APS players do.

If somone was to stroll the grounds of HC on a saturday morning i think you would be shocked as to the cultral diversity in their sides. Just one of the reasons why HC cricket is the finest in the World along with the help from the self proclaimed shiek of tweak Dennis Grace 'theman who took 60 wickets in 60 seasons' WAT A LEGEND

sorry i forgot to inform you of the diverse St Kevs 2nd XI

The one lone sub continental, who bats like Mulitharan, has a mouth harbajan and bowls crap at about 2Km per hour - possibly the worst second XI cricketer the Revs ever seen

mas cambios;286058 said:

You can't have it both ways mas cambios. If you are regularly going to close threads simply because you do not like them, who will bother to contribute. Close down abusive or slanderous threads quickly but let the juveniles like Bill Skelton, Wiz and Yan Yan have their say

Scard;288893 said:
You can't have it both ways mas cambios. If you are regularly going to close threads simply because you do not like them, who will bother to contribute. Close down abusive or slanderous threads quickly but let the juveniles like Bill Skelton, Wiz and Yan Yan have their say

The thread was shut because it was an attempt at attacking another poster. Rather than leave it open and then let it descend into a free-for-all (names revealed, abuse thrown at people), the thread was closed as it only served one purpose, to bait and have a go at another member.

Petty sniping is uncalled for and pointless on an internet forum. This board is for APS cricket and all topics involved with the competition, it does not serve as a stage for bagging other players and for childish antics. That includes people who want to act like juveniles.

If you can't stay within the guidelines then don't post. How hard is it to act civilly toward each other?

FioraDud;289018 said:
overall respect for mas cambios -10

Yet another example of why APS cricketers aren't signing up.

Anyway, questions were asked and answers were given. It's up to you on whether you want to act upon those suggestions posed.

Thread Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back