left hand bowlers

spinwizz

left hand bowlers

Hi, im a right handed opening batsman, and recently i have had problems facing a left arm over bowler. I am fine when it is on my body, but when it is outside off stump i have been out caught by slip :cursing:, has any body got any tips to help me?

Re: left hand bowlers

I dunno if this will help you, but I have been told to bat fairly open, with like your back leg on off, and front on middle.

Yeah, you just have to open up your stance, but so that you are side on to the bowler. But like you, I also have trouble against lefties, especially if they slip in a yorker straight up, has me in trouble. I generally just don't see the ball

I find taking a big step forward helps more than opening my stance. It takes a bit of practice in playing the right line but it negates most of the swing.

What jimmy said was right you have to open up your stance a bit so that you want get bowled behind the legs.
Another thing is to see where the bowler lands as this helps you know the trajectory of the ball.
The basic line is, if he lands wide of the stumps & the ball lands on middle it tends to go wide of off-stump, unless its a inwinger.
But the best thing is to have one of your friends throw down to you from around the wicket.

Have to say that I have the same problem but just try to get a good step forward in play with the line. It's a case of trying to replicate it in the nets and getting used to the angle.

Back