List Of Drills For Leg Spin Bowling

In recent times I've noticed that my back foot is not landing parallel to the crease. What drills do you think I can do to get my back foot landing more side on?

In recent times I've noticed that my back foot is not landing parallel to the crease. What drills do you think I can do to get my back foot landing more side on?
For fast bowling there's a drill called 'the four tent pegs' which breaks down the action into four stages... which can be practiced repetitively without the ball. You could adapt this for spin bowling.

The tent peg drill is really effective for this as boogiespinner has mentioned. There are also a few simple drills which you can use to assist in your back foot landing more parallel to the crease. The walk in drill is effective for this and is similar to the tent pegs drill but the walk in isn't broken into stages like the tent pegs drill. Practicing your gather and bound focusing on landing side on. Closing your eyes can aid in giving you a better feel of what you're doing and can help with your muscle memory. It is also a good idea to film your self, maybe on your phone, so you can receive instant feedback. Be patient, as learning this skill can take time. The most effective way to learn this skill is to break it down, get right down to basics. Then once you've mastered it at the walk through drill slowly progress the drill towards getting to your full run up and action. I find that you don't really want complicated drills with lots of kit, try and keep it as simple as possible. Hope this helps mate.

Back