lose accuracy when i bend my back

AUSSIE_BOY

lose accuracy when i bend my back

im the 1st change bowler for my team..

im the fastest bowler when i bend my back.. but when i bowl 100% my accuracy goes down hill..
if i bowl about 80- 85% i usually bowl on the mark.. but my skipper calls on me sometimes for that bit extra pace...

can anyone help me with how 2 keep accuracy as i raise the pace?

Re: lose accuracy when i bend my back

Welcome to the site!

A common problem and one that needs hard work to overcome.

The main way is to set targets to aim for (use tape, a mat or whatever comes to hand) and to practice as if its a match, which means to go for it 100% (anything less less is worthless anyway).

There are some tips on the Ian Pont site and I recommend getting hold of the book if you can.

great link... ill keep an eye out for the book....

in a game should i be trying 2 bowl at 100% of my pace... or should i be focusing on bowling around 80-85%?? where my accuracy is at its best...

if the ball is new i can usually swing it both ways... more noticable when bowling away from the right hander.... my stock balll usually cuts into the right hander rather then swingeither way...

AUSSIE_BOY said:
great link... ill keep an eye out for the book....

in a game should i be trying 2 bowl at 100% of my pace... or should i be focusing on bowling around 80-85%?? where my accuracy is at its best...

It's a hard one, you want to do well for the team but at the same time you want to bowl as fast as you can.

I would have to say that in this case you need to bowl the way that benefits your team the most, which I guess means cutting back the pace.

However, if you keep on practising at full throttle you should should start to develop the accuracy you require in order to bowl at full pace in a game.

yeah kizza i try and gain more pace by bowling 100%...

A_A i guess ur right... if i bowl at 85% its not slow but i kno i can bowl quicker... got a game 2moro ill try goin 85% and tell ya how i go

if ur giving up accuracy for pace then id advise u to correct this
brett lee had this problem he waz fast but not accurate
he fixed that now hes a good bowler
give that a try??

AUSSIE_BOY said:

A_A i guess ur right... if i bowl at 85% its not slow but i kno i can bowl quicker... got a game 2moro ill try goin 85% and tell ya how i go

Try 85% for a few overs and 100% for a few?

AUSSIE_BOY said:

There is a thread on here and also on Harrowdrive about setting goals in order to improve your game - your problem with pace and accuracy seems like a perfect goal to set.

Set yourself reachable targets so you can see the progress being made.

If I'm honest, then I've always been of the opinion that fast bowlers should bowl at the their top speed all the time as accuracy can be taught later but I know that it's an 'idealistic' point of view and one that many captains hate as it can cost them games.

There has to be a middle ground and this is why I feel you have to get out there and practice at 100% all the time, working on accuracy drills.

yeah jonesy i think that my prob... i try and bowl 100% from the 1st over

i have 2 build a rythem up..

AUSSIE_BOY said:
im the fastest bowler when i bend my back..

Would you mind posting in the Fitness and Nutrition Forum and explain what you mean by the above. I think David and I may be able to help you from a different angle.

Back