Mon- gym for 2 hours

Tues - 2 and half mile run

Weds - gym for 2 hours

Thurs - gym 2 hours

Sat - Short sprints

Sun - Netting

My diet

Morning - Ceareal with milk and a cup of tea with two multivitamin tablets

Dinner - A sandwitch with a selection of meats and salads on and a litre of water

Afternoon- possibly a pasty or snack from a bakery plus a protein shake after the gym

Tea - Usualy something with vegs carbs and protein

Snack - Maybe a bag of chrisps or a chocolate bar

Day 1 : First indoor net off the season was swinging the ball well and got over 5 wickets but still need to rectify the runnup/wrong foot problem and when i got home my back was aching hopefully as i get stronger ill gain more pace i was bowling around 68 today but i still think i can bowl alot quicker

Re: Louis Left arm bowling blog ! :)

Day 2 - Went to the gym for 2 hours atm im not doing any leg weights becuase they realy hurt my legs the next day is ok to just run on the treadmill for 20 minutes or am i going to need to do some leg weights ?

Good to see you've started a blog Louis.

I'm no expert but I don't think leg weights are necessary. You can build up muscles in your legs in a number of different ways (using stairs, running up-hill etc).

Yes im going on the cycling machine alot any ways in which you can make your ankles stronger ?

Today had another indoor net sesion bowled well but the ball doesnt bounce realistacly inside i was bowling good bounces which were just turning into long hops which got punished which was a bit annoying as couldint get the batsmen into two minds weather to play front foot or backfoot also one batsmen whom ive played with since i was little and have had hundreds of net sesions with is playing for a different team in are league this year so he can pick me realy well and was punishing me today gave him some problems with the new slower ball ive developed but what should i do seeing as hes an opening batsmen and im an opening bowler im more then likely going to have to bowl to him and hell be able to play me with some ease any ideas ?

Trust yourself to land the ball in the right areas and get some movement IMO.

My mate and I have been down the nets hundreds of times but if I have a ball that will swing and put it in dangerous positions he still struggles.

louis l;337090 said:
Today had another indoor net sesion bowled well but the ball doesnt bounce realistacly inside i was bowling good bounces which were just turning into long hops which got punished which was a bit annoying as couldint get the batsmen into two minds weather to play front foot or backfoot also one batsmen whom ive played with since i was little and have had hundreds of net sesions with is playing for a different team in are league this year so he can pick me realy well and was punishing me today gave him some problems with the new slower ball ive developed but what should i do seeing as hes an opening batsmen and im an opening bowler im more then likely going to have to bowl to him and hell be able to play me with some ease any ideas ?

Does he have any weaknesses in his batting?
i.e - technique

attack his weaknesses and he will have trouble

Hmmmm lack of concentration sometimes he usualy gets himself out playing maybe an inswinger early on hmmmm itl be hard to bowl much variation btw i want to go down to lanks to get some help with my action to try and maximise my pace and sort my run up but im a left armer and im wondering if its realy going to be worth it seing as therll more then likely be rightys so may not understand my action :(

Day 8 - gym sesion not very much done as strugled alot with it today think was a little tired taking a two day rest

louis l;337475 said:
Day 8 - gym sesion not very much done as strugled alot with it today think was a little tired taking a two day rest

Hang in there and don't forget to vary your routine.

Day 10 - Had to go dentist so couldnt go gym did some press ups and light weights at home to try and make up for it tried to get myself booked in for a sesion at lancs this sat they will ring me back

Day 11 - Bowled at junior nets was a bit to easy tbh i wasnt realy doing much as the juniors are not very good at my club and got atleast every batsmen 4 times in only 15 mins batting and got forced to stop bowling after 2 batsmen had to stop through injuries one to chest one to the foot ! But its ridiculous playing 9-10 at night !

Day 12 - Problems ive been training at 2 clubs recently during the winter months and still have not decided which one to play for this year one is a beteer standerd so more competion but i will play the other ive played at since i was young and am guaranteed play well both clubs are now training same day and one club is only an hour after one sesion should i carry on with both ?

Day 13 - Two training sesions one at 12-1 bowled well got a few caught behind and bowled two training sesion 2-3 Batted well smashed a few big ones got bowled once but the matts gave uneaven bounce i thought it was a bouncer length gone to play off back foot and its hit bottom of off stump

louis l;339738 said:
Day 13 - Two training sesions one at 12-1 bowled well got a few caught behind and bowled two training sesion 2-3 Batted well smashed a few big ones got bowled once but the matts gave uneaven bounce i thought it was a bouncer length gone to play off back foot and its hit bottom of off stump

dont you just hate that
thats happened to me in a real match
i went to play a hook shot and it hit the base of off stump :eek:

Yerp uneaven bounce is bad on the matts i should just play total front foot tbh and get hit with the short ones !

Da 14 - Gym session good sesion today how do you build up your lower back at the gym btw ?

day 15 - Booked myself in for for a 1 2 1 sesion to work on my runnup at lancs this weds hopefully should be good went to the gym also have started adding a bannana to my breakfest so as to get the 5 a day :p

Back