Mash Shield 2017/18

have to agree with cs here, its common sense really tongs.

So is being able to count to 8 I’d have thought.

If you don’t have your own scorer, and your captain and bowler can’t count to 8, then you leave yourself wide open.

Opposition players doing the scoring shouldn’t have to warn you.

So is being able to count to 8 I’d have thought.

If you don’t have your own scorer, and your captain and bowler can’t count to 8, then you leave yourself wide open.

Opposition players doing the scoring shouldn’t have to warn you.

Spot On

You've blasted the DVCA in the past for not going via the rules and making it up as they go along, so why are you disregarding the rules here? As pointed out, it's said in the rule book the scorers should speak up. Now I'm assuming here that the scorers realised and did not say anything, if that's the case, it's really no different to giving one of your blokes not out when you know he was when umpiring.

You've blasted the DVCA in the past for not going via the rules and making it up as they go along, so why are you disregarding the rules here? As pointed out, it's said in the rule book the scorers should speak up. Now I'm assuming here that the scorers realised and did not say anything, if that's the case, it's really no different to giving one of your blokes not out when you know he was when umpiring.

Merely pointing out that the guilty team have to take responsibility. Why did the captain not know/ask the question? Why did the bowler not know/ask the question? Did they have a scorer? Who could've called out he's bowled 8?

If not, too bad.

And in the past, I have more blasted the rogue president who has private agendas and runs the place like it's his own playground to the detriment of the whole organization, but bullies exec members into siding with him, and then makes up rules to please himself. That's all.

Agreed. I dropped into our 5ths who were playing Plenty on Saturday. We were batting and therefore scoring both books, when a Plenty bowler was about to exceed his limit. Our scorers yelled out to confirm the identity of the bowler and informed the Plenty team that he was ineligible to bowl. I’d hope most sides would do the same, rather than take advantage for their own gain.

Merely pointing out that the guilty team have to take responsibility. Why did the captain not know/ask the question? Why did the bowler not know/ask the question? Did they have a scorer? Who could've called out he's bowled 8?

If not, too bad.

And in the past, I have more blasted the rogue president who has private agendas and runs the place like it's his own playground to the detriment of the whole organization, but bullies exec members into siding with him, and then makes up rules to please himself. That's all.

You won’t be winning many spirit of cricket awards tongs

So even if it meant your scorers disregarded a rule to warn the opposition if a bowler is going to exceed his allotted overs? Surely you're better than that.

So let me get this right.
The bowler bowls too many.
The captain lets the bowler to bowl too many.
But it's the scorers fault?

Yep, typical to blame someone else other than those at fault. As I said, thanks for the 6 points.

So let me get this right.
The bowler bowls too many.
The captain lets the bowler to bowl too many.
But it's the scorers fault?

Yep, typical to blame someone else other than those at fault. As I said, thanks for the 6 points.

If that is not the case, why is section 18/8 in the rule book then?

Played many years in higher grades than I currently am. As I said, I must have smashed your pies all over the place one day and you're obviously a bowler, you don't strike me as being smart enough to hold a bat.

Anyways, still waiting for Tongs to answer the question I posed. I mean if the club lost a game because the scorers didn't inform the umpire or captain of the breach as they are meant to and there are no consequences for the scorers team, just what is the point of having said rule? I dunno....

Played many years in higher grades than I currently am. As I said, I must have smashed your pies all over the place one day and you're obviously a bowler, you don't strike me as being smart enough to hold a bat.

Anyways, still waiting for Tongs to answer the question I posed. I mean if the club lost a game because the scorers didn't inform the umpire or captain of the breach as they are meant to and there are no consequences for the scorers team, just what is the point of having said rule? I dunno....

Did said club have their own official scorer? As required by the rules?

Not relevant to my question. Neither team may have had one, or perhaps just the opposition. In any case, they're still obligated under 18/8. I don't necessarily disagree with your position Tongs (ie; the skippers should know what's going on or at very least double check with scorers), but what's the point of the rules if they aren't followed? That or change the rules....

Back