MMVCA and NWCA Merger

Re: MMVCA and NWCA Merger

bomber27;340898 said:
From what I've been told money can't buy happiness. Glady Park have blown there chances with players on the move back to Turf.
Also know of a NWCA club who are just itching to go to turf, whether thats waiting for a turf ground to be available or merging with one of our clubs.
Interesting times!!!

No doubt about that club wanting to go turf

I reckon you know fair well that players arent coming back if anything we are likley to be taking more!

Gladyboy;340909 said:

I reckon you know fair well that players arent coming back if anything we are likley to be taking more!

Its amazing what guys say when they are pissed and I'm not sure why four or five Glady Boys were drinking at our club on Sunday night but they seemed to be enjoying themselves. A little bit of hospitality can go along way.:D

Gladyboy;340909 said:

Come and play turf in the MMVCA then. All that money spent this year and what did it get you?:p

Telford- On plenty
Shep- On plenty
Markham- On plenty
D.Pitts- on plenty
Fitzy- On plenty.

These 5 blokes would be on more than what our comp pays all up. Your comp is a joke, blokes playing there just for the coin. Same three sides every year fighting for the flag.

mmvca;340918 said:
Come and play turf in the MMVCA then. All that money spent this year and what did it get you?:p

Telford- On plenty
Shep- On plenty
Markham- On plenty
D.Pitts- on plenty
Fitzy- On plenty.

These 5 blokes would be on more than what our comp pays all up. Your comp is a joke, blokes playing there just for the coin. Same three sides every year fighting for the flag.

We are not the club in question wanting to go turf

Shep doesnt get a cent these days, I would hardly call what we pay Deano and Fitzy plenty

Fackler has been with us for years.

The scary thing is some of thos players are taking massive cuts another not being paid at all and we are increasing our spending:eek:

Gladyboy;340930 said:

Shep doesnt get a cent these days, I would hardly call what we pay Deano and Fitzy plenty

The scary thing is some of thos players are taking massive cuts another not being paid at all and we are increasing our spending:eek:

And you get away with it in your sh1tpot league. Come and take the good kids in our league, and see how long they last before they come back.

Isnt it interesting that your juniors are crap. No one wants to play for a club whos culture is crap, therefore making you guys spend up big for no reward. Keep chasing our young blokes, and we will keep welcoming them back 12mths later, with only bad stories to tell about the great NWCA.:p

Gladyboy;340930 said:

Shep would not be there if no money changed hands

mmvca;340918 said:

Telford- On plenty
Shep- On plenty
Markham- On plenty
D.Pitts- on plenty
Fitzy- On plenty.

You have just answered why there will be no merger. Why would your club have to pay players to play park cricket, your club must be s h i t !!!!!!!!!!!!!!. We at ST Andrews only pay the coach , have done for years and will always. We are doing alright by winning our share of flags over the last 6 years.
We had a crack at Markham 5 or 6 years ago and he wanted $10,000 then, and he played juniors at our club, just wonder what he is on now.

I personally found it Disgraceful that B. Pallini and M.Cervetto stood up at the AGM and said they dont have enough time to do exec thing anymore but no less than 9 months later have found time to jump on the proposed new board. I bet that if we stay as we are they wont jump back on. Thay only stayed the last couple of years to get their life membership anyway

Gladyboy;340930 said:

Just enough to sell their souls to the NWCA- What was it- $1,000 to turn up and $50 a wicket or something like that. 20 wickets and it's a cool 2 gorillas, not bad!!

My Captain said:
You have just answered why there will be no merger. Why would your club have to pay players to play park cricket, your club must be s h i t !!!!!!!!!!!!!!. We at ST Andrews only pay the coach , have done for years and will always. We are doing alright by winning our share of flags over the last 6 years.
We had a crack at Markham 5 or 6 years ago and he wanted $10,000 then, and he played juniors at our club, just wonder what he is on now.

Sadly boys your comp will become like ours sooner rather than later, 4 years ago sides only paid their coach, all it took was for one club (not us) to start throwing around cash and before you know it you have to in order to stay competitive. I remeber 4 years ago was the first time we paid a player simply for playing and it was hotly disputed our exec whether it was the right way to go. Looking back if we had not we may not have won the flag. We have always been succesful only missing finals once in the last 14 years the fact that we pay a bit of cash is just the nature of the beast these days.

The clubs in our comp that have not paid have been cellar dwellars but even now they are starting to throw the cash and become very competitive Campbellfield and Kealba both good examples.

Like it or not fellas you boys will head the same way my advice when it starts join in or be left behind!

mmvca;340938 said:
And you get away with it in your sh1tpot league. Come and take the good kids in our league, and see how long they last before they come back.

Isnt it interesting that your juniors are crap. No one wants to play for a club whos culture is crap, therefore making you guys spend up big for no reward. Keep chasing our young blokes, and we will keep welcoming them back 12mths later, with only bad stories to tell about the great NWCA.:p

You guys just know we will pump you there fore dont want to merge.
It will take awy the theory that turf cricketers are better. Im sure we would beat you on any surface!

givemeago;341114 said:
I personally found it Disgraceful that B. Pallini and M.Cervetto stood up at the AGM and said they dont have enough time to do exec thing anymore but no less than 9 months later have found time to jump on the proposed new board. I bet that if we stay as we are they wont jump back on. Thay only stayed the last couple of years to get their life membership anyway

I am from East Cob and have known Matt C over many years, not so much Brett P, but am aware of his work.

I think you need to be careful accusing people who have served the comp for years to take time off and only staying around to get life membership.........thats at least 10 years service!!!
My information is that both are still involved in the MMVCA as we speak , although not on the exec but have taken a back step. I think mmvca and Bomber 27 could verify that.

you should get all facts before jumping to conclusions!

RooBoy;341155 said:
I am from East Cob and have known Matt C over many years, not so much Brett P, but am aware of his work.

I think you need to be careful accusing people who have served the comp for years to take time off and only staying around to get life membership.........thats at least 10 years service!!!
My information is that both are still involved in the MMVCA as we speak , although not on the exec but have taken a back step. I think mmvca and Bomber 27 could verify that.

you should get all facts before jumping to conclusions!

The facts are they stood up said that! Matt is only on the committe(new rules) for the proposed new merger, cause he was the only who was working on the new rules so that is his job, not even once every 2 or 3 months work. Brett the only thing he was doin was, he completed the new sponsorship with kookaburra that no one knew about.

NWCA VET;341140 said:
It will take awy the theory that turf cricketers are better. Im sure we would beat you on any surface!

Not wanting to merge has nothing to do with who are better cricketers and who will beat who. MMVCA club don't want to merge because of all rules, regulations and fines. We have a very strong senior comp, NWCA are only strong because of their junior comp. Go back to your comp were the ball will always be a consistant bounce and keep playing off the back foot.

Gladyboy;341133 said:
Sadly boys your comp will become like ours sooner rather than later, 4 years ago sides only paid their coach, all it took was for one club (not us) to start throwing around cash and before you know it you have to in order to stay competitive. I remeber 4 years ago was the first time we paid a player simply for playing and it was hotly disputed our exec whether it was the right way to go. Looking back if we had not we may not have won the flag. We have always been succesful only missing finals once in the last 14 years the fact that we pay a bit of cash is just the nature of the beast these days.

The clubs in our comp that have not paid have been cellar dwellars but even now they are starting to throw the cash and become very competitive Campbellfield and Kealba both good examples.

Like it or not fellas you boys will head the same way my advice when it starts join in or be left behind!

Obviously Von Scott and his Stormtroopers turn their backs on the 2 paid player rule, it's easier for them to just fine, fine, fine.

NWCA VET;341140 said:

How can you compare playing with a 2 piece ball bouncing on plastic and playing with a real cricket ball on a traditional surface.
Whilst the cream will always rise to the top,the skills required to play turf cricket as compared to playing plastic cricket are miles apart.

Ifya Adballs;341177 said:
How can you compare playing with a 2 piece ball bouncing on plastic and playing with a real cricket ball on a traditional surface.
Whilst the cream will always rise to the top,the skills required to play turf cricket as compared to playing plastic cricket are miles apart.

Couldn't agree more. Not hard to paly shots at balls that dont do anything after they hit the deck.

How many batsmen make a ton in the nets! LOL

get them out on a real deck and they make ************ all. :rolleyes:

All MMVCA club secretaries would have received the final copy of the By Laws and Constitution today. The vote is on April 15th.
If you have questions about the merge, then now is the time to ask your club and to find out which they are voting and why.
No point in having a whinge later about what could have happened.

Back