MMVCA and NWCA Merger

Re: MMVCA and NWCA Merger

givemeago;341156 said:
The facts are they stood up said that! Matt is only on the committe(new rules) for the proposed new merger, cause he was the only who was working on the new rules so that is his job, not even once every 2 or 3 months work. Brett the only thing he was doin was, he completed the new sponsorship with kookaburra that no one knew about.

well at least they are still helping in some way.....they are all jobs that have to be done. I cant beleive you are complaining about people that have given good service to our comp over 16 years in Matt's case!

I wonder if you have offered to help out?

RooBoy;341236 said:
well at least they are still helping in some way.....they are all jobs that have to be done. I cant beleive you are complaining about people that have given good service to our comp over 16 years in Matt's case!

I wonder if you have offered to help out?

Never complained once about their service ithought they did a terrific job. My point is leaving for one reason and coming back and doin the same thing, I just thought they had enough thats all!!

For those that aren't aware, a new committee has been put in place if the merger goes ahead.

President: Dave Lyons
Senior Vice President: Paul Rigg
Junior Vice President: Steven Knight
Finance Director: Matt Cervetto
CEO: Terry Scott
Board Member: Brett Pallini

bomber27;341199 said:
All MMVCA club secretaries would have received the final copy of the By Laws and Constitution today. The vote is on April 15th.
If you have questions about the merge, then now is the time to ask your club and to find out which they are voting and why.
No point in having a whinge later about what could have happened.

Easts voted NO and we will be doing the same again.

Know I now where the false accusations and rumours are coming from. How many of you on here have actually attended a merger meeting? My guess is very few. The absolute rubbish that is posted here is beyond belief. At the last merger meeting all was very productive. The constitution,rules, and by-laws are all done. I am sure now after reading this forum that most of you (not all) but most have no idea what is going on. You are listening to rumours. If you go to your appropriate Presidents or Secretaries or your own Board be it MMVCA or NWCA you can then get your facts correct.This merger is not about who plays turf or has juniors etc it is about joining forces to make a bigger and better association. As for some of the assumptions being made here they are totally left field. The merger talks have been going on for years now because the MMVCA only has a few people on their board and it is very difficult to run an association with such few board members ( why don't some of you that are objecting to the merger put your hand up to help?). The statemants I have read on here are not, repeat NOT the views of most club's Committee or Board members by either association. Instead of trying to blow things way out of proportion go to your "leaders" directly to get the real facts of what is happening. Allot of people have worked extremely hard on this to make our cricket comps a better place for us all. If you are not sure about anything I have said just start at page one and read all that has been written. Don't forget when it does come time to vote make sure you have all the facts, ask questions and do what is right not for yourself as an individual but for the future of all clubs and both associatons as a whole.

12thman;344699 said:
Know I now where the false accusations and rumours are coming from. How many of you on here have actually attended a merger meeting? My guess is very few. The absolute rubbish that is posted here is beyond belief. At the last merger meeting all was very productive. The constitution,rules, and by-laws are all done. I am sure now after reading this forum that most of you (not all) but most have no idea what is going on. You are listening to rumours. If you go to your appropriate Presidents or Secretaries or your own Board be it MMVCA or NWCA you can then get your facts correct.This merger is not about who plays turf or has juniors etc it is about joining forces to make a bigger and better association. As for some of the assumptions being made here they are totally left field. The merger talks have been going on for years now because the MMVCA only has a few people on their board and it is very difficult to run an association with such few board members ( why don't some of you that are objecting to the merger put your hand up to help?). The statemants I have read on here are not, repeat NOT the views of most club's Committee or Board members by either association. Instead of trying to blow things way out of proportion go to your "leaders" directly to get the real facts of what is happening. Allot of people have worked extremely hard on this to make our cricket comps a better place for us all. If you are not sure about anything I have said just start at page one and read all that has been written. Don't forget when it does come time to vote make sure you have all the facts, ask questions and do what is right not for yourself as an individual but for the future of all clubs and both associatons as a whole.

We have, thats why we don't want it.

We will all know tomorrow night whether it has gone through or not.

12thman;344699 said:

Spoken like a true NWCA man - can't wait to get your hands on some turf cricket

bomber27;344712 said:
We have, thats why we don't want it.

We will all know tomorrow night whether it has gone through or not.

Sorry bomber I know you do have allot of the facts but the reality of this is that unless you know for certain that all the facts are correct and not inuendo you need to ask to find out the real story. I know you are privvy to parts of what is going on but most (not all) on here are totally being misguided by rumours. Our club doesn't take the view that we look at it as losing a turf wicket, or being taken over(there is equal members on the board for both comps) we see the big picture. We see the benefits of all it has to offer, more competitive games,being proactive instead of reactive,moving ahead with the times, great avenue to widen the scope for upcoming juniors and becoming a much larger organisation. To be honest our top turf team would not beat a NWCA top team. Just because we play on turf doesn't mean we are better than anyone else. The beauty of this merger also allows for our turf wickets to be better maintained by the councils as we will have more leveridge as a whole.BTW we will be voting yes along with quite a few others that I know of.:)

Ifya Adballs;344719 said:
Spoken like a true NWCA man - can't wait to get your hands on some turf cricket

I have allot of close mates and a brother that play in the NWCA but I don't. I just keep in touch with them on their NWCA site.

Once again very misguided, we play on turf. Both comps have access to turf wickets and as I stated above just because we play on turf doesn't make us better than anyone else.Some people mix up their abilities with their capabilities :D

12thman;344720 said:
Sorry bomber I know you do have allot of the facts but the reality of this is that unless you know for certain that all the facts are correct and not inuendo you need to ask to find out the real story. I know you are privvy to parts of what is going on but most (not all) on here are totally being misguided by rumours. Our club doesn't take the view that we look at it as losing a turf wicket, or being taken over(there is equal members on the board for both comps) we see the big picture. We see the benefits of all it has to offer, more competitive games,being proactive instead of reactive,moving ahead with the times, great avenue to widen the scope for upcoming juniors and becoming a much larger organisation. To be honest our top turf team would not beat a NWCA top team. Just because we play on turf doesn't mean we are better than anyone else. The beauty of this merger also allows for our turf wickets to be better maintained by the councils as we will have more leveridge as a whole.BTW we will be voting yes along with quite a few others that I know of.:)

I think you have missed the major point here. Our club has never had the view of being taken over, unlike what other clubs think.
Its all about the constitution and By-Laws that have been proposed. We can't except them.
I don't have any extra info then other clubs as all clubs have a copy of these By-Laws. I dont care about rumours or inuendo, just the facts.
And please don't ever think that because we might become a bigger comp that the Moreland council will all of sudden start preparing better wickets for us.
What club are you from then 12th Man?

bomber27;344724 said:
I think you have missed the major point here. Our club has never had the view of being taken over, unlike what other clubs think.
Its all about the constitution and By-Laws that have been proposed. We can't except them.
I don't have any extra info then other clubs as all clubs have a copy of these By-Laws. I dont care about rumours or inuendo, just the facts.
And please don't ever think that because we might become a bigger comp that the Moreland council will all of sudden start preparing better wickets for us.

Surely you can't mean the whole laws and by-laws! If it is only a small section look at the bigger picture, it does make a difference.

Actually it is amazing what the council's will do when you push hard enough. Been there done that they hate bad publicity;)

12thman;344726 said:
Surely you can't mean the whole laws and by-laws! If it is only a small section look at the bigger picture, it does make a difference.

Actually it is amazing what the council's will do when you push hard enough. Been there done that they hate bad publicity;)

If clubs can except the new constitution and the control that the new board will have then good luck to them. We can't. I am looking at the big picture and that is what competition will serve my club better in the long term.

bomber27;344729 said:
If clubs can except the new constitution and the control that the new board will have then good luck to them. We can't. I am looking at the big picture and that is what competition will serve my club better in the long term.

I resect your opinion as we all should do for each other . Do you realise it is not just one board. There are 6 on the top tier and under that another board that will handle other things etc: Quite a large board much bigger than we both have at this point in time and unfortunately we can't we rely solely on Matt Dave and Bret to continually put their hand up. From what I know the Boards and Committees will be made up of both comps equally:)

12thman;344722 said:
I have allot of close mates and a brother that play in the NWCA but I don't. I just keep in touch with them on their NWCA site.

Once again very misguided, we play on turf. Both comps have access to turf wickets and as I stated above just because we play on turf doesn't make us better than anyone else.Some people mix up their abilities with their capabilities :D

Where does the NWCA have turf wickets ???

12thman;344731 said:
I resect your opinion as we all should do for each other . Do you realise it is not just one board. There are 6 on the top tier and under that another board that will handle other things etc: Quite a large board much bigger than we both have at this point in time and unfortunately we can't we rely solely on Matt Dave and Bret to continually put their hand up. From what I know the Boards and Committees will be made up of both comps equally:)

No, it is only one board. Yes, there will be committees underneath. But there is only one board.
In the end we will agree to disagree on this merger. It will be all over, one way or the other tomorrow night.

12thman;344722 said:

Once again very misguided, we play on turf. Both comps have access to turf wickets and as I stated above just because we play on turf doesn't make us better than anyone else.Some people mix up their abilities with their capabilities :D[/QUOTE

Before today, in a desperate bid to get this up, you have posted 49 times on the nwca site and only once on the mmvca site - which Club or Association did you say you come from

Ifya Adballs;344740 said:
12thman;344722 said:

Once again very misguided, we play on turf. Both comps have access to turf wickets and as I stated above just because we play on turf doesn't make us better than anyone else.Some people mix up their abilities with their capabilities :D[/QUOTE

Before today, in a desperate bid to get this up, you have posted 49 times on the nwca site and only once on the mmvca site - which Club or Association did you say you come from

12thman = T. Scott

12thman;344722 said:

Sorry mate finished work so logged off and thought I'd get back to you when I got home. I actually have played in the MMVCA for more than 20 years. As I said I don't normally come on here. The only reason I did was cos my bro told me there was a thread. Most of my mates play in the NWCA and I give em a bit of a rib . I can't say too much more as I will give away my ID.The whole idea of this for me is to keep people guessing.I don't take much that's said here seriously only things that aren't correct and are fabricated when my club and comp are involved Cheers:cool:

joe magoocheeoo;344747 said:
12thman = T. Scott

Yeah and pigs fly, the tooth fairy is on his way out after the eater bunny.

I don't think he'd get on here, between him and Dave they are trying to salvage a merger I can't see either of them getting involved on here can you really????????????:cool:

Back