Money Shield 18/19

If you mean Lauded as in claiming catches that bounce in front of slip fieldsmen then sure. Deserved to win they did but a pretty ordinary act and one that has no place in local cricket.

Tongs you’ve been very quiet. Waiting for you to start saying “I have no involment with Eltham” would’ve been a very different story if you hadn’t had choked. As for your big call on Gardiner, maybe he would’ve left if they had caught that sitter of a sky ball when he was on 0.
Just another Eltham finals choke.

If you mean Lauded as in claiming catches that bounce in front of slip fieldsmen then sure. Deserved to win they did but a pretty ordinary act and one that has no place in local cricket.
You’re kidding yourself they did the exact same act when Sean nearys ball bounced into minneys hands and was claimed as a catch they shat the bed when it counts playing greensy and millpark didn’t help their case belted up the crap sides coming into finals

Why do you think it’s interesting?

Garvey is pretty ordinary to watch for the spectator, Elthams rooms aren’t ready, Mernda is a bit out of the way for both teams...

I think it's interesting because you'd assume the Money Shield GF would be played at the second best ground in the comp. I'm not sure Banyule meets that criteria to be honest.

Agree 100% on Mernda, don't agree on the Garvey though I reckon it's spot on.

You're obviously from Banyule, with about a million teams playing in the GF this weekend, you might find it hard to get blokes to work behind the jump this Saturday! Decent year from the club as a whole, very good effort.

Tongs you’ve been very quiet. Waiting for you to start saying “I have no involment with Eltham” would’ve been a very different story if you hadn’t had choked. As for your big call on Gardiner, maybe he would’ve left if they had caught that sitter of a sky ball when he was on 0.
Just another Eltham finals choke.

If you actually read my post, I actually spoke about BOTH games, not just Elthams. And yes, I tipped Eltham and got it wrong. Outside of Banyule people, would many people have tipped them? No. So get back in your box. You're always lippy when Heidelberg win... I wonder why that is.

If you actually read my post, I actually spoke about BOTH games, not just Elthams. And yes, I tipped Eltham and got it wrong. Outside of Banyule people, would many people have tipped them? No. So get back in your box. You're always lippy when Heidelberg win... I wonder why that is.
I’m sure you could use your sources to find out where I’m actually from.
But the fact of the matter is one week you’re not affiliated and another week you are.

Toddy was right that it wouldn't be a run fest.

Smashing around a few Mill Park hacks doesn't make a ground quick.

Gee Whiz, must have hit a sore spot, considering Mash got dropped at first slip earlier, it's a bit rich whining about a catch that jammed 3 of Kulikowskis fingers into the turf with some big bruises to boot. To state Kulikowski claimed it unfairly is clutching at straws and just absolute unsubstantiated garbage. The guy is an absolute Gentleman and plays the game in the right spirit.

The real limelight should be aimed at Mash and the way he conducted himself after not walking when the finger went up, displaying dissent towards the umpires after the decision was made, proceeeding to sook for the next couple of hours around his teammates and in turn, sapping all positive energy out of the rest of the group. For a player of his calibre, reputation & talent, to conduct himself in the matter he did, was deplorable. He even had the audacity to still be salty a day later & not have a beer after the game, really goes to show why Eltham are not playing in a GF this week.

As Midwicket85 already explained, many believe that a couple LP batsman copped a couple of questionable ones as well. Henkel was very unlucky with a LBW.
I said a month ago it was toxic as down there. Deserve their right whack.

Back