Money Shield 18/19

BU vs Eltham at Telfer next week, sat/sun game. The beers will be cold, make yourself known if you want to, I'm sure I'll be there both days.

Big round next with most contenders playing each other. Would expect Heidelberg would be sending Mill Park in if they win the toss. An outright win might throw things in the air.

Banyule and Op's have tough runs home and both are right up against it this week. I think they both miss.

Big round next with most contenders playing each other. Would expect Heidelberg would be sending Mill Park in if they win the toss. An outright win might throw things in the air.

Banyule and Op's have tough runs home and both are right up against it this week. I think they both miss.
Would expect Heidelberg would be more concerned about chasing 250 this week than potential outright wins down the track.

Banyule 37 (Lower, Lalor, OP)
Lalor Stars 33 (OP, Banyule, BU)
Lower Plenty 31 (Banyule, BU, Boro)
BU 30 (Eltham, Lower, Lalor)
OP 30 (Lalor, Hberg, Banyule)
Heidelberg 30 (Mill Park, OP, Mernda)
Eltham 27 (BU, Boro, Mill Park)

Thought last years Money Shield table was tight....

Very good win by Banyule given they were 7/103 and Heidelberg's chase down of 257 impressive as well. Banyule, BU, OP's and LS all play 3 contenders, Lower 2 and Eltham and Heidelberg 1. Paradians very vulnerable if the imports fail

Evening gents. Been away seeing the sites of the northern hemisphere, what have I missed...

Judging from results looks like OPs are going to be a big slider. Could see them potentially missing??? Thoughts??

Banuyle continue to plot along and somehow lob in first... (miffs me) nearly lost a game getting a bit cocky going for an outright, wouldn’t be surprised to see them miss.

BU the real suprise packet, taken a few teams by the scuff and given them a shake, Barnett firing on all cylinders really gives them a lift.

Heidelberg, didn’t expect them to see them chase down Eltham. soft run home, probably see them land in the 4. Whitcher and Cashen look dangerous.

Lalor, well you just don’t know you’re going to get, notoriously only good at home and well I do believe it. If Manolovski doesn’t fire they seem very shaky.

Lower rely heavily on Henks, yet to see them win a game where he hasn’t made runs. Bowling looks very skinny. If they made it, you’d want them in a final.

Discuss..

Evening gents. Been away seeing the sites of the northern hemisphere, what have I missed...

Judging from results looks like OPs are going to be a big slider. Could see them potentially missing??? Thoughts??

Banuyle continue to plot along and somehow lob in first... (miffs me) nearly lost a game getting a bit cocky going for an outright, wouldn’t be surprised to see them miss.

BU the real suprise packet, taken a few teams by the scuff and given them a shake, Barnett firing on all cylinders really gives them a lift.

Heidelberg, didn’t expect them to see them chase down Eltham. soft run home, probably see them land in the 4. Whitcher and Cashen look dangerous.

Lalor, well you just don’t know you’re going to get, notoriously only good at home and well I do believe it. If Manolovski doesn’t fire they seem very shaky.

Lower rely heavily on Henks, yet to see them win a game where he hasn’t made runs. Bowling looks very skinny. If they made it, you’d want them in a final.

Discuss..
Lowers bowling shaking all the way to the top of the wickets taken tally by nearly 10 wickets.

Lowers bowling shaking all the way to the top of the wickets taken tally by nearly 10 wickets.

They also have the worst bowling average of the top 5 and are 3 runs off conceding the most runs in the comp.

But, they bat deep and this will be their key to any success this year IMO. Runs on the board.

Massive win by them on the weekend.

Henkel made a duck against Lalor Stars and they knocked them off. Jenkins and Rowe got the job done with the bat that game

Killa with a 50 odd and Jenkin again this week with some handy contributions to get a good total of 233 against a great attack, bowling attack will be tested this week against Banyule however

Rexxy

230 will be 80 too much for Banuyle. Like I said above, they will slide. Happy for you and the boys at lower Rexy!

I suspect BU will begin the slide down - Lower and Lalor away to finish off the year. They will need to probably win both, can’t see that happening at this stage.

I suspect BU will begin the slide down - Lower and Lalor away to finish off the year. They will need to probably win both, can’t see that happening at this stage.

I'm not writing us off yet. We beat Stars before Christmas and did not bowl at our best against Lower. No doubt we need to play our best against both sides, but I feel we can do it.

Managed to get out to Lalor tonight, interesting result, Lalor are just far too good at home as they always are. Banuyle just didn’t look switched on enough.. thoughts on the preformance from the boys @badnewsbears

Saw half the LE and Heidelberg T/20 game, Heidelberg posted 214 which was impressive. LE had a good crack early but plenty of starts no big score, that was difference. No Cashen for HCC. Could REOCC actually win this thing? They're on a roll

Managed to get out to Lalor tonight, interesting result, Lalor are just far too good at home as they always are. Banuyle just didn’t look switched on enough.. thoughts on the preformance from the boys @badnewsbears
Far too good??????? Lost on the second last ball. Hate to see if the Bears were switched on.

Back