Money Shield 18/19

Ordinary from the umpires then
You'd hope that Lower follow it up. We pay good money for umpires and while i concede it's a gig that has challenges and you're never going to get all decisions correct, that's an easy decision to get right if in fact the player was genuinely injured

1/110??? Mycricket says otherwise.. I’m guessing you were there.. how did it all unfold. Seems like OP have really packed up since Christmas. Maybe an extra few “imports” could hold them in good stead for a another crack at MS next season
Not sure what went on with the FOW brickie. I had only heard they were 1 or 2 for 110 and they started chirping on the deck thinking the job was done. I think then something like 5/20 LOST. Not unlike the LS game. You know my feeling on imports Bricky!!!!!

If that is the case, that is deadest pox. Who would ever want to play with a club that behaves like that? FMD

Hmmm my sources tell me that there was no one available to sub for Lower at the ground and then the umpires asked BU if they wanted to send one of their players out for them.

Hmmm my sources tell me that there was no one available to sub for Lower at the ground and then the umpires asked BU if they wanted to send one of their players out for them.

Puts a different take on things. If true, fair enough. Why provide a sub for a team you are competing for a spot in the finals with. I wouldn't.

Under the rules, a team only has to provide a sub if a player is forced from the field bleeding.

Just had a look at the ladder and this weeks games, and the way it looks for me Lower miss out, not an ideal situation given the outlay on player payments, which I've heard to be quite substantial. Same goes for OP's I guess, maybe they got a bit ahead of themselves at the start of the season.

Looking back at a Herald Sun article back in November, the coach said “ We really want to make sure when we go up we have a sustained period in Barclay" "I don’t think there’s any point going up for one year and back down again".

Since then, they have lost 5 and won 2 (against Boro and Mill Park). Impressive!

Just had a look at the ladder and this weeks games, and the way it looks for me Lower miss out, not an ideal situation given the outlay on player payments, which I've heard to be quite substantial. Same goes for OP's I guess, maybe they got a bit ahead of themselves at the start of the season.

Looking back at a Herald Sun article back in November, the coach said “ We really want to make sure when we go up we have a sustained period in Barclay" "I don’t think there’s any point going up for one year and back down again".

Since then, they have lost 5 and won 2 (against Boro and Mill Park). Impressive!

I think they'll make it. They should be able to manufacture a potential outright if required this week based on other results overnight, which they may not even have to.

Stars are the ones at risk. Eltham getting the bottom 2 sides as their double ups is pivotal, a middle order of Mash/Turner/Minney is pretty handy going into a final series.

I think they'll make it. They should be able to manufacture a potential outright if required this week based on other results overnight, which they may not even have to.

Stars are the ones at risk. Eltham getting the bottom 2 sides as their double ups is pivotal, a middle order of Mash/Turner/Minney is pretty handy going into a final series.

Eltham always have and always will be kissed on the you know what..

Eltham always have and always will be kissed on the you know what..

Everyone gets to play Mill Park and Greensborough.

Lower Plenty played them in rounds 6 & 7.

Mernda played them in rounds 9 & 10.

You should never blame the fixture for missing out on finals. Win enough early games, then you don't have to worry about the last couple of rounds.

Agree completely with the point that it doesn't matter who you play in the final 2 rounds. If you set up the season earlier, then you will have nothing to worry about. There is a case to say that you'd rather a bit tougher run home coming into the finals rather than the 2 bottom teams, as beating up on the lesser teams pre-finals and having an easy run in could be a bit of a hindrance.

Back