Money Shield 2017/18

Only just looked into Money Shield, especially after last years fairy tale run ;)

Surely Plenty are a lock for the flag with Mernda and Research fighting it out for demotion

Surely Plenty are a lock for the flag

Not if their players keep wanting to run off the ground at the slightest sprinkle of rain. Bold statement only 4 games in with us nipping at their heels (should never have lost of Eltham, they stink) and several other decent clubs on 2 wins as well.

Not if their players keep wanting to run off the ground at the slightest sprinkle of rain. Bold statement only 4 games in with us nipping at their heels (should never have lost of Eltham, they stink) and several other decent clubs on 2 wins as well.

4 convincing wins, I'll be happy to cop crap if I'm wrong.

Wonder if they'll make a call on the rain prior to the weekend?

One of our guys was saying tonight that a couple of Melbourne based comps have already been called off, but I would hesitate to do so. It is Melbourne, predicting the weather in the next 6 hours is hard enough, literally anything weather wise could happen between now and Saturday. That said, if it is raining as much as they predict, making a call Saturday morning should be fine, before anyone gets to grounds.

Only just looked into Money Shield, especially after last years fairy tale run ;)

Surely Plenty are a lock for the flag with Mernda and Research fighting it out for demotion
Tend to agree, Power look streets clear of the rest. Reckon Heidelberg are going ok, too. Not counting them out entirely.

Good to see that basket-case Research going well. :confused:

Tend to agree, Power look streets clear of the rest. Reckon Heidelberg are going ok, too. Not counting them out entirely.

Good to see that basket-case Research going well. :confused:
Thanks:thumbsu:. Big task rebuilding all aspects of playing, training structure and getting a better culture. With 9 players 25 or under and 5 of those under 19, we are under no illusions of how hard it’s going to be. A good win yesterday in a tight comp is hopefully a good start. 5th at the moment, lose your last, win your in the 4.

How’d your blokes go yday against that club you don’t rate?

They got lucky to play us in a 1 day match. They're a lottery, often favouring the team that slog out their bum. Issue is they will make the same score in a 2 day match as a 1 day match, usually all out for 150 or so in 40-50 overs and lose the 2 day game but sometimes win the 1 dayer. It's worse in the lower grades.

Thanks:thumbsu:. Big task rebuilding all aspects of playing, training structure and getting a better culture. With 9 players 25 or under and 5 of those under 19, we are under no illusions of how hard it’s going to be. A good win yesterday in a tight comp is hopefully a good start. 5th at the moment, lose your last, win your in the 4.
As I said, basket-case.

They got lucky to play us in a 1 day match. They're a lottery, often favouring the team that slog out their bum. Issue is they will make the same score in a 2 day match as a 1 day match, usually all out for 150 or so in 40-50 overs and lose the 2 day game but sometimes win the 1 dayer. It's worse in the lower grades.
Are you forgetting that you batted first and were bowled out for 104? And we also didn’t have Shannon Malone who’ll be missing until after Xmas. In all honesty I don’t think we can expect to play finals, but I do think we can win more than we lose on the way home. Obviously there are those on here that have nothing better to do than make uninformed comments based on a desire to get themselves aroused, but the reality is we are a team in transition and yes we will have some ordinary days, but we are capable of getting some good results. I dare say we have and have had the youngest first eleven for the past 2 years and internally we can see the light at the end of the tunnel. One thing Money Shield has over Barclay is that there is far more evenness amongst the competition. It’s a good place for our kids to compete and reach a level which they can hopefully build on. Hopefully the more intelligent of you on here will be able to appreciate, although others like sill mid whatever will continue to try and boost their own low self esteem by trying to score cheap points with what is increasingly becoming common place on this forum, being uninformed commentary that caters for the lowest form of intelligence of certain individuals.

Last edited:
Are you forgetting that you batted first and were bowled out for 104? And we also didn’t have Shannon Malone who’ll be missing until after Xmas. In all honesty I don’t think we can expect to play finals, but I do think we can win more than we lose on the way home. Obviously there are those on here that have nothing better to do than make uninformed comments based on a desire to get themselves aroused, but the reality is we are a team in transition and yes we will have some ordinary days, but we are capable of getting some good results. I dare say we have and have had the youngest first eleven for the past 2 years and internally we can see the light at the end of the tunnel. One thing Money Shield has over Barclay is that there is far more evenness amongst the competition. It’s a good place for our kids to compete and reach a level which they can hopefully build on. Hopefully the more intelligent of you on here will be able to appreciate, although others like sill mid whatever will continue to try and boost their own low self esteem by trying to score cheap points with what is increasingly becoming common place on this forum, being uninformed commentary that caters for the lowest form of intelligence of certain individuals.
You don't have any youth that has proved themselves in D-Grade, let alone getting games in Money Shield on merit. You simply don't have the talent. The only reason the situation is so, is that you've got no senior quality.

And I'm involved with Diamond Creek, but have many, many friends across the competition in Money Shield.

Blah Blah Blah,sounds like excuses to me,you only have 2 bats and one bowler and would say Research top end players are better than yours.

Next 2 one dayers will play a crucial role in shaping the very close table.

Plenty v Research
Eltham v Lower Plenty
Bundoora United
v Banyule
Mernda v Lalor Stars
Heidelberg v Mill Park

Plenty the stand out at the moment, BU/Lower with handy points then anyone's pick for 4th. Regulars Eltham look like they might miss for the first time in a while.

Back