Mustard sent to hospital after nets incident

mas cambios

Mustard sent to hospital after nets incident

Mustard, who was not expecting to feature in the Test, was feeding the bowling machine in the nets when he was hit by a fierce straight drive from Kevin Pietersen. He was treated at the scene by the England medical team and then taken to the nearby Waikato Hospital.

A nasty one and a timely reminder why you should always take care in the nets, especially when feeding a bowling machine. This is the second incident I've heard of involving someone feeding a machine and being hit by a straight drive in the face. There have also been a number of deaths as well.

Remember not to turn your back to the batsman when using nets and only use the bolwing machine if you've had suitable training ect.

Re: Mustard sent to hospital after nets incident

It's a serious business, the nets. I know a guy who broke his nose after being hit.

Speaking of which, last I heard of this Mustard had been diagnosed with a broken nose.

It's not the worst injury in the world but it does serve as a reminder.

The number of kids I see with their backs turned on the batsman or ambling across lanes is scary at times.

Our nets at the club, they are bloody dangerous. They have this cover on the sides of the nets, so if you hit a full blooded cut or pull shot, it'll come back and hit you at a fairly fast pace.

Oh yeh, and I've almost knocked my dad out a few times at the bowling machine :laugh:

Back