My Leg-spin grip

domthepom

My Leg-spin grip

im 13 and i bowl fast-madium usually but i sometimes bowl legspin. i know i have a strange grip on the ball for my legspin(there is a pic lower down). whenever i release the ball, my hand used to be able to rip the ball, but now i bowl topspinners all the time. my wrongun i get good line and length but not enough turn. How can i get more rip on the ball or a wrongun, and how can i stop bowling topspinners. or should i just give up with this grip and go with a normal one??

goodgripdi9.png

myunotherdoxzj6.png

Re: My Leg-spin grip

It's hard to say without seeing you bowl, using both methods for a period of time. The conventional grip has been adopted as it works but you're clearly getting something from your unorthodox method.

I know that another member on here said that he lost the ability to rip his stock ball when learning variations and had to go back to basics to re-learn it. It may well be the same with you.

Have you changed anything in recent weeks? Approach to the crease, action etc?

Have a read through this thread, it may give you some ideas.

The thread what Almost Austwick has kindly pointed you to is fantastic. Post in there and i'm sure someone like Dave will have some input.

I've not much time but when i have i'll try to get some things together for you to bring back your A-game. Its difficult as a leggie to bring back the spinners when it all goes tits up, so don't worry. Usually you just have to keep plugging away at it, putting in the hard yards and graft till it returns.

ag23 said:
is that a cricket ball lol what happened to that ball :laugh:

It might be a white one, i can't remember, it might not be a proper cricket ball at all.

someblokecalleddave said:
Wrong place mate - there's a leg spin forum already up and running - post your questions there!!!!

Is there any way i can move this?

Thank you everyone who has posted, you have all been a great help, and i find good line an legnth with good turn again!

domthepom said:
Is there any way i can move this?

I can move it but will leave it here for the time being, as it will only result in the thread and posts getting muddled up in the bigger thread.

ag23 said:
is that a cricket ball lol what happened to that ball :laugh:

That is very worn cricket ball that has lost it's dye due to use.

Back