Need professional coaching advice?

micoach

We have a new section of the site over at PitchVision, it's called PitchVision Academy.

As part of it we have got together with some top coaches to provide you will exclusive advice on batting, bowling, fielding and a load of other stuff.

You can watch a video about it here:

Now you can prove them wrong with PitchVision Academy coaching courses | Cricket coaching, fitness and tips

We have priced it up as the type of money you would pay for getting one to one coaching with these guys. Except instead of getting a couple of hours with them and their drills you get lifetime access to everything for a one off price.

I would be interested in getting your feedback on what you think.

Re: Need professional coaching advice?

Quick inquiry for me. I paid £57.50 a couple years back for online coaching assessment from Pont, could this payment be used to unlock the Pitchvision Pont academy or is that asking a bit too much?

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii there i am a fast bowler just want a week plan what should i follow to increase my strength ability and speed i m a side arm bowler and i also want to ask about the gym session which i should i follow on the gym??? pls help...

We have a new section of the site over at PitchVision, it's called PitchVision Academy.

As part of it we have got together with some top coaches to provide you will exclusive advice on batting, bowling, fielding and a load of other stuff.

You can watch a video about it here:

Now you can prove them wrong with PitchVision Academy coaching courses | Cricket coaching, fitness and tips

We have priced it up as the type of money you would pay for getting one to one coaching with these guys. Except instead of getting a couple of hours with them and their drills you get lifetime access to everything for a one off price.

I would be interested in getting your feedback on what you think.[/quo

hi my names Dan and im a 15 year old fast bowler. I bowl chest on. I was wondering what muscles i should work on. is lifting heavy weights affecting my speed? Is working on my bicepts affecting my pace?What muscles should i work on going into the off season.Thank you

Is there anything there about sling bowling because i have looked on many sites and none of them can tell me hoe to improve my sling bowling action

Is there anything there about sling bowling because i have looked on many sites and none of them can tell me hoe to improve my sling bowling action

Jack, firstly welcome to the site, given your age I would suggest you look for a club with a decent coaching set up. If you have a choice (which will probably depend on where you are located) then ask around and see if there are any ABSAT coaches locally. Unfortunately coaching qualifications do not always make good coaches, but in the absence of any other measure that might be all you can base a decision on.

In the meantime, have a look on the MCI site which has some great free stuff for fast bowlers here http://www.maverickscricket.com/fast-bowling-tips.php and Ian does offer video assessment via his website although I can't vouch for the service. Another useful site with some free content is www.cricketstrength.com and they also provide some S&C courses, one is specifically targeted at youth cricketers which I can confirm is well worth the money if you are serious about your cricket ie you will do the training.

Finally if you want to upload a quick video on here, feel free although there are far more spinners than quicks on here and remember the advice will be compromised by a) watching video is never the same as watching in the flesh and b) you can never be certain about the skills and/or experience of the poster offering the advice.

Jack, firstly welcome to the site, given your age I would suggest you look for a club with a decent coaching set up. If you have a choice (which will probably depend on where you are located) then ask around and see if there are any ABSAT coaches locally. Unfortunately coaching qualifications do not always make good coaches, but in the absence of any other measure that might be all you can base a decision on.

In the meantime, have a look on the MCI site which has some great free stuff for fast bowlers here http://www.maverickscricket.com/fast-bowling-tips.php and Ian does offer video assessment via his website although I can't vouch for the service. Another useful site with some free content is www.cricketstrength.com and they also provide some S&C courses, one is specifically targeted at youth cricketers which I can confirm is well worth the money if you are serious about your cricket ie you will do the training.

Finally if you want to upload a quick video on here, feel free although there are far more spinners than quicks on here and remember the advice will be compromised by a) watching video is never the same as watching in the flesh and b) you can never be certain about the skills and/or experience of the poster offering the advice.

Thank you this has helped me out a fair bit and my coach is the one who changed me to sling and he and i are very new on my action.

No worries Jack, did the coach explain why he thought you would be more suited to a slingyer action, generally it is something that a player does naturally that is then developed. Would be interested to see a video, if you have the chance.

No worries Jack, did the coach explain why he thought you would be more suited to a slingyer action, generally it is something that a player does naturally that is then developed. Would be interested to see a video, if you have the chance.
i was sort of slinging it before but not properly so i was prone to injuries so he made it more suitable for me and il try get you a video if i can

The Ian Pont articles on PitchVision are also a great place to look.

The secret of a slingy action is that it's mostly the same as a more orthodox one. The key is in the "hip-shoulder separation"

Spin_Bowling_-_How_force_vector_affects_ball_flight_full_widescreen.jpg

Here's a 20-minute bowling analysis of Tim. If you would like a video analysis of your bowling, just send me some footage and I'll upload it for you.

http://www.mindbites.com/lesson/30495-spin-bowling-how-force-vector-affects-ball-flight

How force vector affects ball flight

Leg spin bowling video analysis. Learn how the force vector of a bowler affects the flight angle of the ball. In this course Tim is paired up with Adam Zampa, we look at how to get a linear force vector and how this increases back leg drive and ground reaction forces. You will learn how better extension in the back leg enhances hip to shoulder separation, which is complemented by a braced front leg, resulting in more forward trunk tilt. All in all improving the mechanics of a leg spinner.

Back