Need your help coaches with batting confidence

xplosion

Need your help coaches with batting confidence

Hey, this is my first post...

Basically I'm a left handed batsman and since young have had a very straight bat and pretty good techinque. Unfortunately, due to circumstances, i didn't get a chance to play cricket reguraly or I'd usually play the net sessions, get picked for games and then not be around for the season (fly away to visit family)

Recently, I've got a more settled life so have joined a club and have had one net practice. I got selected to play a game and was the only player not out and the captain said to me that next time, he should send me up the order.

Because I hvn't really batted much in the middle, my confidence varies alot in different situations - i.e.

In the Nets:

I usually walk in quite relaxed and play a few block shots but then if I swing and miss a good ball, I start beating myself down and the game goes downhill. Whereas thier can be days where I enter the nets really positive and raring to go and I'll have a very good session.

In the middle:

I always tend to play very defensive whenever in the middle, I block the bad balls as well and am fully aware of doing so. I just wanted to know how to carry that confidence all the time instead of letting a swing and a miss put me down.

Also, when my confidence is up, I tend to watch the ball all the way onto the bat but the moment I start missing a few, I dn't look at the ball after it pitches and just swing the bat.

Any help is appreciated, I think it might have to do with expectation because when I was younger, I used to have alot of expectations - selected for Un-19 Int. and then didn't pursue it

Thanks for reading :)

Re: Need your help coaches with batting confidence

Just stay calm and relaxed before and during a game.

Just remember at the end of the day it is only a game.

But the only way you can build confidence is time spent at the wicket. Perhaps you respect the bowler to much maybe you should set a game against the weakest side in your competition and perhaps go out their and get your eye in then just smash everything this will get your confidence up even if you hit 2 boundaries and get out the next time you go out to bat you should feel as if you can put a bad ball away then you can jus wait for the bad ball and capitlise on it. :)

Also if you get throw downs before you bat, make sure that you are throen half volley as you will always find the middle. This will make you feel more confident. :)

thanks, the irritating thing is I did hit two boundaries on the 18 not out innings but only started playing when the other side started slegding me for playing slow....

xplosion;309421 said:
thanks, the irritating thing is I did hit two boundaries on the 18 not out innings but only started playing when the other side started slegding me for playing slow....

Well that can be your smash around team next time. :)

Just remember what they said.

Take some time out between balls and relax so you don't get too frustrated when you miss a few.

Concentrate. You said you, when confident, watchi it all the way onto the bat, but when you miss a few don't watch it. Concentrate on the ball and watch it all the way onto the bat every ball.

Back