New Admin?

Posting and being present are two different things.

You can encourage activity as a regular member if you like. There is a great video covering this online:

It's an hour or so, but it is well worth the watch if you want to help grow the site.

Posting and being present are two different things.

You can encourage activity as a regular member if you like. There is a great video covering this online:

It's an hour or so, but it is well worth the watch if you want to help grow the site.

Okay cheers. :)

Absolutely 'Chief'... posting and being present certainly are two different things.

I believe you may have catastrophically missed the point of the video.

All the professional coaches left the site when 'active' admin disappeared. I have been present ever since... every day... purely in the hope that something will resurrect but alas and alack!

You will still find us posting and giving great advice but unfortunately elsewhere.

There is not anything wrong with this site and it is quite good if you wish to talk about small Australian clubs but it could be much more and if you go back a few years when there were active admin in all areas, this was the best site around! Unfortunately the marriage with SC was not one made in heaven and it may be better for BC's reputation if you drop some of the areas, particularly 'Tips, Drills and Advice'

Absolutely 'Chief'... posting and being present certainly are two different things.
Definitely, which is why we are working on bringing more active mods in. If FBC wants to be more involved that video shows simple ways in which he can start. Should someone be successful in engaging with new and returning visitors (the site still gets a pretty large number of people visiting each day) then that shows the person has the leadership it takes to moderate or admin.

Enthusiasm is good, but action is a much better proof of ability.

I believe you may have catastrophically missed the point of the video.

All the professional coaches left the site when 'active' admin disappeared. I have been present ever since... every day... purely in the hope that something will resurrect but alas and alack!

You will still find us posting and giving great advice but unfortunately elsewhere.

There is not anything wrong with this site and it is quite good if you wish to talk about small Australian clubs but it could be much more and if you go back a few years when there were active admin in all areas, this was the best site around! Unfortunately the marriage with SC was not one made in heaven and it may be better for BC's reputation if you drop some of the areas, particularly 'Tips, Drills and Advice'

Perhaps the site has failed with professional coaches and the like but that is not the end of the line. Deleting areas of the site would be a mistake - I have to assume that there is plenty of discussion in there that is still relevant and that people can find and read. BigFooty.com, my baby, has only a small area for coaches, fitness people etc. Yet it has 130,000 or so user accounts and up to 500,000 visitors per month.

A community is built one individual at a time. I believe this one can be repaired and keen people like fbc, someblokecalleddave and others are key to that. If you're keen to see it improve and grow then you're welcome to join in too. Rather than just hope something will happen we'd love for you to help something happen.

... If you're keen to see it improve and grow then you're welcome to join in too. Rather than just hope something will happen we'd love for you to help something happen.

err, too much arrogance there I am afraid 'Chief'!

Not keen to see the site improve and grow at all... was only ever here to help those in need.

Unless the information in the discussion area in question is updated I am afraid it is not only not relevant but mostly unhelpful to those who are in need of real help.

So BigFooty is your baby... I know you work hard there as I receive unsolicited emails from it. Whose baby is BigCricket?

Arrogance? I was just asking if you're interested in becoming involved. If not, that's not a bother. If so, there's always something to do.

Not keen to see the site improve and grow at all... was only ever here to help those in need.
By doing that you are improving and growing the site.

Unless the information in the discussion area in question is updated I am afraid it is not only not relevant but mostly unhelpful to those who are in need of real help.
Happy to listen to your thoughts on which parts are unhelpful.

So BigFooty is your baby... I know you work hard there as I receive unsolicited emails from it. Whose baby is BigCricket?
You wouldn't receive emails from BF unless you were registered. We did do a combined mailout recently with BF and BC for the KFC BBL. Is that the one you're talking about?

Yeah I am keen to see this site get back to being really active and I have tried through my activity and welcoming everyone who comes onto the site. Hopefully it works... Cause keeping people is the problem, not getting them.

my baby dude

I still don't see why I can't be an admin? Don't you want someone who's actually active on THIS site rather than another?

Admin is probably a long stretch FBC. You certainly are one of the very active and involved members. Maybe the "Great Big Head"(chief) would consider having moderators for certain threads.
I question the coaching tips. I never actually played cricket at a very high level and am now past the game for health reasons, in the end i had only limited talent but i just love cricket above all other sports. I have been criticised for only really being involved in the fan areas of this site. As a fast bowler(left arm, good in swinger) i have read some of the fast bowling advice being offered on the site and have two opinions;
  • I never played at a high enough level to comment
  • I thought the comments made were off the mark and thought it would only be negative for the young person involved to start making contra arguments. (yes, a contradiction) Young players can be disadvantaged for years if some well meaning amateur gives well meaning but poor advice.
If you are going to have coaching comments, they need to prove their qualifications to the admin before they should comment.

Nairbe, in our area wrist spin coaches are as rare as Unicorns, if we had to prove we were qualified, there wouldn't be any spin threads, no-one would be on there! I kind of think that those that do come along have a look around, read the threads (And they do so it seems to an extra-ordinary extent) get a feel for the threads and the fact that it's populated by a bunch of cowboys for the most part e.g. me! We often explicitly say or imply that the things we say are only suggestions, they're not the words of experts, we're just enthusiasts. If you know where there are places you can ask for advice and it is being given by experts and it's free, let us know - please do that would be amazing.

What was the active admin aspect that Liz Ward spoke of earlier? Do you know? Because it was great having her and a couple of others on here on a regular basis, and I had noticed that they had gone. Was that something to do with their status as admins or something?

Admin is probably a long stretch FBC. You certainly are one of the very active and involved members. Maybe the "Great Big Head"(chief) would consider having moderators for certain threads.
FBC is now a moderator.

If you are going to have coaching comments, they need to prove their qualifications to the admin before they should comment.

Hehe. Don't worry, I tend to stay away from the coaching threads. I am doing a coaching qualification this year though. ;)

Back