New Zealand In Australia - 2015

Kram81

• Fri Oct 23 (50 ovs) Prime Minister's XI v New Zealanders Manuka Oval, Canberra D/N
  • Sat Oct 24 - Sun Oct 25 Cricket Australia XI v New Zealanders Manuka Oval, Canberra
  • Thu Oct 29 - Sun Nov 1 - Cricket Australia XI v New Zealanders Blacktown Olympic Park Oval, Sydney
  • Thu Nov 5 - Mon Nov 9 - 1st Test - Australia v New Zealand Brisbane Cricket Ground, Woolloongabba, Brisbane
  • Fri Nov 13 - Tue Nov 17 10:30 2nd Test - Australia v New Zealand Western Australia Cricket Association Ground, Perth
  • Sat Nov 21 - Sun Nov 22 14:00 Western Australia XI v New Zealanders Western Australia Cricket Association Ground, Perth D/N
  • Fri Nov 27 - Tue Dec - 3rd Test - Australia v New Zealand Adelaide Oval D/N

A limited overs match, a 2 day match and a 4 day match.

This seems to be the norm these days in terms of lead up matches to a test series.

Is that enough cricket for a touring team to prepare for a test series?

On the other hand, with the Bangladesh tour cancelled, the Aussie player's prep will consist of the Matador Cup, the above tour fixtures vs NZ and one round of Shield matches starting Oct 28th (if CA release players to play these).

Any thoughts on the day / night test?

Well D/N Tests will depend on that pink ball. what will it do? we will see. I am a traditionalist but sometimes you have to accept change.

New Zealand Squad: *Brendon McCullum, Trent Boult, Doug Bracewell, Mark Craig, Martin Guptill, Matt Henry, Tom Latham, James Neesham, +Luke Ronchi, Hamish Rutherford, Mitchell Santner, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, +BJ Watling, Kane Williamson

Prime Minister's XI: *Michael Hussey, Ashton Agar, Cameron Bancroft, Jason Behrendorff, Joe Burns, +Ryan Carters, David Hussey, Usman Khawaja, Peter Siddle, Mark Steketee, Adam Voges, Ben Taylor (12th)

Cricket Australia XI: *Usman Khawaja, Ashton Agar, Cameron Bancroft, Jason Behrendorff, Joe Burns, Mitchell Marsh, Shaun Marsh, Peter Siddle, Billy Stanlake, Adam Voges, +Sam Whiteman, Ben Taylor (12th)

Cricket Australia XI 4/325 (90 overs)

Usman Khawaja 111*
Joe Burns 102
Cameron Bancroft 42

New Zealand only managed to take two wickets for the day, Burns retired out as did Voges on 33.

Voges was also very critical of the pink ball in yesterday's game. Said their were chunks coming off the ball and that it was almost green in nature at times due to the pink coming off.

Bit of a gripe here - tour matches seem to be turning into a farce these days - 2 days in length, more than eleven players in the "XI" sometimes, batsmen retiring etc etc - seems like a glorified centre wicket practice to me.

Am I the only one?

Cricket Australia XI 4/325 (90 overs)

Usman Khawaja 111*
Joe Burns 102
Cameron Bancroft 42

New Zealand only managed to take two wickets for the day, Burns retired out as did Voges on 33.

Voges was also very critical of the pink ball in yesterday's game. Said their were chunks coming off the ball and that it was almost green in nature at times due to the pink coming off.

New Zealanders 8/368 (82 overs)

Kane Williamson 68
Mark Craig 60
Brendon McCullum 58
Hamish Rutherford 41
BJ Watling 41

The New Zealanders had their turn on the flat Manuka Oval pitch and did it fairly easily. The CA XI only took two wickets all day with six of the Kiwi batsman retiring out.

The next tour game is against another Cricket Australia XI starting on Thursday at Blacktown International Sportspark, Sydney.

Cricket Australia XI: Ashton Turner*, Riley Ayre, Jake Carder, Ryan Carters+, Hilton Cartwright, Sam Heazlett, Kurtis Patterson, Jake Reed, Liam Hatcher, Gurinder Sandhu, Matthew Short, Mitch Swepson

Bit of a gripe here - tour matches seem to be turning into a farce these days - 2 days in length, more than eleven players in the "XI" sometimes, batsmen retiring etc etc - seems like a glorified centre wicket practice to me.

Am I the only one?

It's been happening for a long time. The two-day tour games are nothing new, it's basically one day of batting practice and one day of bowling practice. I'd prefer to see a three-day or even a proper four-day first class fixture as a warm up. Unfortunately with round one of the Sheffield Shield starting tomorrow, there's not many regular first-class players available to play a tour game.

The next tour game is against another Cricket Australia XI starting on Thursday at Blacktown International Sportspark, Sydney.

Cricket Australia XI: Ashton Turner*, Riley Ayre, Jake Carder, Ryan Carters+, Hilton Cartwright, Sam Heazlett, Kurtis Patterson, Jake Reed, Liam Hatcher, Gurinder Sandhu, Matthew Short, Mitch Swepson

Aaron Finch and Cameron White didn't get a game for Victoria in round one of the Sheffield Shield and have replaced Carder and Heazlett for the tour game starting tomorrow.

Aaron Finch and Cameron White didn't get a game for Victoria in round one of the Sheffield Shield and have replaced Carder and Heazlett for the tour game starting tomorrow.

Before the tour match started yday, I was thinking what a joke of a game it would be - NZ vs eleven blokes who are not good enough to be playing shield cricket - hardly a decent hit out for the touring side leading into a test series.

Take Carters, White & Finch out of the XI and there is not much first class experience in the CA side.

That said - it's now 0/500 now - any danger a wicket may fall?

So this is why we stopped bowling any of our seamers. Not such a road after-all. Match has been abandoned after McCullum "double declares" after concerns for batsmen safety. Bizarre how a flat deck breaks up like this...

12195963_1080217008656771_4426072268361405265_n.jpg

Feels like forever since we've played New Zealand in a Test match, bit of a joke really.

Hopefully both series' are successes and we continue to play each other more often in the future. Even if it's just the Chappell Hadlee series...

Would still be better than nothing.

Fairly average wicket. Hopefully that's the last of the cricket we'll see at Blacktown after this season. Why they keep playing games there is beyond me.

Back