New Zealand In Australia - 2015

Why were they playing their shots just before tea? :confused:
That was just ridiculous batting, if McCullum doesn't tell him off for it he's a rubbish captain. Fair enough if you are crap with the bat but he had to try and bat properly to hang in for Bracewell that was hitting the well.

Even another 20 runs here could make a big difference.

If you heard Ian Smith...it was because Martin couldn't drive until he was 30. So he always biked to training and couldn't take his bat and pads and stuff lol.
I don't know how people do that, it must be so inconvenient not having a license. My cousin hasn't got his in his 30s apparently it's making it really difficult to get full time work after graduating uni.

I get the feeling that NZ don't quite have enough runs, though the ball is doing a little to much. NZ just dropped Smith, OOP's

Poor decision aside, Nathan Lyon is a genuine rabbit - How was he able to get another 25 runs!!!

Geez, Nathan Lyon averages 14 at test level. I wouldn't say that is rabbit status.

If Lyon is a rabbit I'd hate to see how people would describe Glenn McGrath, Curtly Ambrose, Danny Morrison and the ultimate walking wicket Chris Martin batting as. :D

That was just ridiculous batting, if McCullum doesn't tell him off for it he's a rubbish captain. Fair enough if you are crap with the bat but he had to try and bat properly to hang in for Bracewell that was hitting the well.

Even another 20 runs here could make a big difference.

I think after McCullum's dismissal in the first innings he's not exactly the right guy to be lecturing people about throwing their wicket away.

It was surprising though, Santner's dismissal was a shocker with Southee and Boult gifting their wickets. NZ could have eked out another 30 or 40 runs if they knuckled down.

Well dinner break and the night season to go. Well balanced for an exciting finish, what a great game. Looking at what has happened with the pink ball i think it has been good other than it doing a little too much in the evening. More day night shield games could be very good for teaching our young batsmen to play the swinging ball and help with what has been some very poor showings in England over the last few tours. It has also put some real excitement into the game. NZ have played it well and they really are a fantastic team. I would love to see them find another bowler and an opener then they could be world beaters. Looking forward to the last season of this game no matter who wins

Well dinner break and the night season to go. Well balanced for an exciting finish, what a great game. Looking at what has happened with the pink ball i think it has been good other than it doing a little too much in the evening. More day night shield games could be very good for teaching our young batsmen to play the swinging ball and help with what has been some very poor showings in England over the last few tours. It has also put some real excitement into the game. NZ have played it well and they really are a fantastic team. I would love to see them find another bowler and an opener then they could be world beaters. Looking forward to the last season of this game no matter who wins

The ball has swung around in the day sessions as well and the ball has been moving off the pitch too thanks to more grass being left on the wicket. The batsmen who have passed 50 this game have certainly played very good innings.

Not a smart shot from Mitch Marsh there, had already hit Santner for six and just needed to pat the ball around for the remaining part of the over.

5/168, 19 required. Shaun Marsh has played well for 46 not out.

lol trust us getting banned from Big Footy for a week on the morning before Marsh actually wins a game for Australia in tough conditions.

Oh and LJP that 'Forward Press' guy is still an absolute ****head.

Last edited:
lol trust us getting banned from Big Footy on the morning before Marsh actually wins a game for Australia in tough conditions.

Oh and LJP that 'Forward Press' guy is still an absolute ****head.

:D Just saw your red. What were you suspended for?

That's why BigCricket is better mate. We may only be a small site but the cricket chat is far and above what is offered up mate. It's much better having opinions from fans around the world rather than just one country. :thumbsu:

What a match and great to see Boult get back to close to his best!

Would be very disappointed if day/night Tests don't become a regular occurrence after this match.

Well done Australia. We needed 200 I think we would all agree on..

What a match and great to see Boult get back to close to his best!

Would be very disappointed if day/night Tests don't become a regular occurrence after this match.

Well done Australia. We needed 200 I think we would all agree on..
I was really skeptical from what I'd heard about state games but at least from that it looks like it might be a winner. I'm sure they will have some future kinks to iron out with it though.

So Australia win the third test to take the series 2-0 after sneaking home by three wickets. Josh Hazlewood was Man of the Match with David Warner taking the Man of the Series award.

Australia now host West Indies in a three test series starting on 10 December while New Zealand take on Sri Lanka in a home series also starting on 10 December consisting on two tests, five ODI's and two T20I's.

I don't think it was just the pink ball that helped the bowlers. I thought it was an excellent pitch as well. The grass allowed the ball to seam off the pitch and a little turn and bounce for the spinners.

If more pitches were like that, then there might be lower scores with the red ball also.

Back