New Zealand Tour Of England 15

Could this series be the end of McClenaghan? Or will he do a Mark Craig and step up when the vultures start circling?

To be fair. McClenaghan was very unlucky. He had at least two drop catches and I think two other edges that went through the slips..

Nathan McCullum on the other hand, got outbowled by Santner on debut in a pressure situation. I wonder how much longer NMac has left if he keeps not contributing with either bat or ball?

To be fair. McClenaghan was very unlucky. He had at least two drop catches and I think two other edges that went through the slips..

Nathan McCullum on the other hand, got outbowled by Santner on debut in a pressure situation. I wonder how much longer NMac has left if he keeps not contributing with either bat or ball?
McClenaghan still bowls rubbish though, good on him for always getting amongst it but this may be disguising the fact that he's not that good. Again, hope he comes back though.

Nathan McCullum has always been a stopgap, unfortunately the other NZ spinners haven't done enough to keep him out of the side. Agree about Santner, he looks the goods.

Fair to say none of us saw that result coming in the first ODI!

That said, one hot day doesn't make a summer and I am yet to be convinced of England as an ODI power house based on one result. In my opinion, the WC has just been played and ODI's are largely irrelevant for a good while until the next ODI WC gets nearer. For most countries, this period should be the very early stages of a 4 year plan to peak at the next WC (assuming the next WC is in 4 years time).

Will be interested though to see how it all pans out at the Oval on Friday. Will England back it up?, NZ bounce back? - bit of both perhaps?

This team is made of stern stuff! Whenever we get knocked down, we jump straight back up again and reply even stronger!

Awesome team batting performance! Just need to back it up with some good bowling and fielding.

Are you sure u r not mistaking it for inconsistency

Nope. We are 4th in the world in Tests and 3rd in the world in ODI's. That's better consistency than we've had since I have supported them.

Add onto that only losing one match in the World Cup and us having our best ever Test season last year and there is not much argument for us being inconsistent..

It doesn't matter if you lose the first match if you come back to win the series.

Would hate to be a bowler having seen some of the scores being made in this ODI series.

Fair effort by NZ to knock up 350 & an even better effort by Eng to knock them off with 6 overs to go!

I am only going by the score cards - does the blame lie with the bowlers, or are the wickets full of runs?

Either way - the match on saturday should be a cracker!

The bookies have NZ a slight favourite at this stage - agree / disagree?

I am only going by the score cards - does the blame lie with the bowlers, or are the wickets full of runs?

The bookies have NZ a slight favourite at this stage - agree / disagree?

Blame firstly with the pitches (all four pitches have been highways) and secondly, I can't hide the fact that we bowled poorly and England batted brilliantly. It's always more difficult to keep to line and length when the other side is smashing you around the park but at times England just waited for the bad balls and put them away. Really missing Boult. Southee has been off his game of late.

I'm still backing NZ but these two sides are pretty evenly matched so could go either way.

Shame that rain had to impact the last match as well.

Positives from the series for NZ is both Wheeler and Santner looking like good prospects.

Back