Newberry MJOLNIR

mas cambios

Newberry MJOLNIR

Newberry MJOLNIR

a_NEWS07BTMJC6.jpg

I'll start this off by saying that this isn't my bat but one that I've been using this season. All in all, I've had about 11 innings and a fair bit of net time with it, so feel that I'm able to give a fair review.

The bat in question was a 'handle' so I've still yet to try out the new C6+ Carbon Core Technology but I hope to do so in the near future.

As you can see from the photo it's what we would call a 'standard' shaped cricket bat, which means that the weight it evenly distributed and the 'bow' is far less pronounced. I have to say that the pick-up and balance are very nice although I would like to feel a little more 'meat' for the bat was meant to be a 2lb 10oz.

Overall the quality and appearance of the wood was good, with a slight darkening towards the edges but nothing to be concerned about. I found the bat to be great on 'average' pitches and found most shots came off well; even if not timed 100%. Had a nice sound to it but a good ping when middle.

As the bat is nearing a seasons use, I've given it a sanding and a bit of TLC and yet it still remains a decent looking piece of wood.

My only gripe would be that the bottom of the bat was slightly hard and it seemed to cause vibrations a bit too easily. However, this is something that can be an issue in even the most expensive bit of willow so I wasn't too annoyed.

All in all, a nice cricket bat that is well shaped and something which, I feel, continues the high standards that I've come to expect from Newberry over the years.

7.5/10 (I'm a tough marker!)

Back