Nmca 2017/18

Rivergum v HT entered into my cricket as a final score... Did they pull the pin?

If so would likely cost them top spot with all the outrights likely next week and NBR with NS in last round.
Assuming results have been entered as final incorrectly.
Socials are a disgrace giving all these outrights. Not right.
Trinity woeful. And lalor also horrible.
Play the grand final next week and be done with it

100% right flick, disgrace. In the rules it says they have to play to a certain time into the second day doesn’t it?
I’m not sure if that rule exists, if it does and clubs have already pulled up stumps that’s collusion and both teams get Zero points? Then again NMCA make up the rules on the run.

I been told the the west boys being very very insulting against the Socials players. How long must this go on. Also agree with Mr Flick, play the final sooner. Very struggling competition. Boring actually. Bye.

100% right flick, disgrace. In the rules it says they have to play to a certain time into the second day doesn’t it?
I’m not sure if that rule exists, if it does and clubs have already pulled up stumps that’s collusion and both teams get Zero points? Then again NMCA make up the rules on the run.
Relax buddy. Looks like the error has been fixed and the match is in progress rivergum will be going for the outright I’m sure. Will be a big chance because trinity need the points and will be having a crack at the reverse outright because they have nothing to lose.

You certain clubs are a disgrace, but they're trying their best with what they've got...

The biggest disgrace in the comp is Heidelberg West! They are a bunch of low life pigs who aren't worthy of playing in the one day comp let alone Jika Shield.

The comp needs to look at the way that club conducts itself and maybe reprimand them for the way they go about their cricket.

Pretty poor from a club who held their hand out for donations last year and had the comp rally around them!

You certain clubs are a disgrace, but they're trying their best with what they've got...

The biggest disgrace in the comp is Heidelberg West! They are a bunch of low life pigs who aren't worthy of playing in the one day comp let alone Jika Shield.

The comp needs to look at the way that club conducts itself and maybe reprimand them for the way they go about their cricket.

Pretty poor from a club who held their hand out for donations last year and had the comp rally around them!
I couldn’t agree with you anymore Sir. If wests continue to behave like this someone will retaliate in a very nasty way. I being told that One team will walk off or even worse have a physical battle with these low life pigs. My question is why wont the competition do something. Are they waiting for an incident first to act.

Not 100% sure what’s happened over the weekend that’s qualified us as low life pigs, and the biggest disgrace in the comp but we’ll cop it on the chin I suppose, because we’re out there having a crack. We had the umpires boss and the GM of the comp at the game on Saturday and all was fine.
What I won’t cop though, is somebody hiding behind a keyboard and a fake name attacking us for running a fundraiser for my brother and our mate. That’s bullshit! Really poor form, that’s the biggest disgrace.
In two weeks time we’ll be the first blokes down at baseballers to support Phil and his family. Giving back in whatever way we can.
You know who I am, you know where I play. I love my club and how we rally around the people who need it the most.
Shit on us as much as you want for how we play our cricket, but never ever attack the morality of our club again. That’s just not on at all.

I would never say that the fundraiser held wasn't worthy or in any way not warranted; everyone would donate or play over and over again for the cause.

What is disappointing is the way you blokes talk to opposition players on the ground and your supporters speak to other supporters... the same people who supported a fundraiser held by your club.

If it was a one week thing or against one team I'd say that "maybe it's a bit of white line fever" but it's unrelenting, it's personal and it's abusive. Also, the fact that many clubs hold the same view is something that maybe you should look at going forward...

What you do isn't "playing hard", that's just an excuse for disrespectful behaviour and all it does is reflect poorly on your club.

Simple as that... good luck for the rest of the season.

Sir, if you thinking being rude & obnoxious is ok on the field, good for you. its not how to play cricket. Some good players at your club, concentrate on being best team not best disrespectful team. No one admires poor behaviour. Maybe try to be of good morality.......that starts on the ground.

Just because you help out at fundraisers doesn’t give you the right to act poorly on the field. The worst reputation going around. You Guys need to look at the way The top clubs go about it. You might learn something from them. Umpires boss & gm were there on Saturday......f### me as if you gonna play up in front of them, Sheesh. Give it up youngy. You’re the captain, why dont you lead by example.

Last edited:
I couldn’t agree with you anymore Sir. If wests continue to behave like this someone will retaliate in a very nasty way. I being told that One team will walk off or even worse have a physical battle with these low life pigs. My question is why wont the competition do something. Are they waiting for an incident first to act.

The comp won't do anything because they don't and shouldn't pay attention to complaints made on this forum. How about you discuss it with your club committee and ask them to make a formal complaint to the NMCA?

Glad "all was fine" during the PB vs HW match on the weekend youngy21. I assume two days of "lovely shot young chap" and "what marvelous bowling" was the talk of the day. No doubt the fine spectators of each club where overly complimentary of the opposition players and supporters for the duration of the two days play.

Give me a spell.....

Didn’t play PB on the weekend, played socials. Umpires boss... umpired all day. So either we never played up and the accusations of poor behaviour/language never happened, or whatever we did say during the day wasn’t so bad that we need to hung up about it.
On the PB game though, I copped a verbal barrage from them like nothing that I’ve ever copped before. But I actually enjoyed it and had a laugh with them after the game about it. Also was on the receiving end of a real mouthful from a captain of one of the “top teams” earlier in the season. So let’s not throw stones gents.
If you don’t like the way we play, fair enough, but until we get specific instructions from a higher power to change the way we go about it, we won’t.
Good luck for the rest of the season everybody, I hope your horses ride high
✌️

Last edited:
I’ve seen the way wests play/behave. They’re a bunch of ferals. Mocka is a good block the rest are a disgrace. End of story. Comp should put em on probation or better still send back where they came from. Umpires are gutless & wont do anything, so they say & do whatever they like. Comps a joke & gutless to act. Responsiblity is left to the Skipper to do something about it.

Hectic finish coming up. Ladder looks like it will end up
Rosebank
Rivergum
Baseballers
West

Obviously if trinity beat baseballers they will probably finish 4th. Rosebank will be gifted top spot after playing socials. Shocking for the competition it really is embarrassing the way the season has played out with these outright victories. Can’t see rivergum getting an outright this week against keon Park with the pitch the way it is at kelynack. Two big finals if the ladder ends up that way

Rosebank
Rivergum
Baseballers
West

Obviously if trinity beat baseballers they will probably finish 4th. Rosebank will be gifted top spot after playing socials. Shocking for the competition it really is embarrassing the way the season has played out with these outright victories. Can’t see rivergum getting an outright this week against keon Park with the pitch the way it is at kelynack. Two big finals if the ladder ends up that way
What also is a disgrace is the fact that teams can't put in detailed scorecards by Monday at the latest

Rosebank
Rivergum
Baseballers
West

The way NS and Lalor are playing at the moment they will both get done outright again.
That would leave NBR on top and HW to slip into 4th.

Rumour mill is already beginning. I being told 2 big clubs been approached by diamond valley cricket to join them for coming years. If fact, nmca is gone forever. My hunch is clubs may decide to move because this commitee arent improving this competition & very very frustrated with lack of action taken when faced with certain issues.

Rumour mill is already beginning. I being told 2 big clubs been approached by diamond valley cricket to join them for coming years. If fact, nmca is gone forever. My hunch is clubs may decide to move because this commitee arent improving this competition & very very frustrated with lack of action taken when faced with certain issues.

Don't beat around the bush Harsha.

Which clubs?
What "certain issues?"

Don't beat around the bush Harsha.

Which clubs?
What "certain issues?"
Only 2 clubs to talk about. I thinking you know the answer. Plenty of issues my dear. Gradings, umpires, incompetence at board, weather rulings, naughty clubs, mrp, finals structure, fixturing, inabilities of GM, inconsistency in rules, the list can go on for ever & ever.
My compatriots play for small struggling club that needs help, no help coming from board after requesting for support. Must I go on.
Cheerio

Back