Nmca 2017/18

Oh blimey.... this is going to be very serious now. Problematic board, agendas etc. I being think this comp is doomed. Only Mr Trump could save it now. Disappointing what I being reading about President. If true he should be very ashamed & his colleagues should walk away. Very Sad. Bye bye

Can anyone shed some light on the cricket restructure. Read a recent report but cant see how this wil get up. Most associations will probs go it alone. Last thing anyone wants to be is a puppet of cricket vic.

I've been told some whispers about some of the goings on between clubs, players, umpires & board members. You can take the following rumuors as fact. I had most of it confirmed on the weekend.
-A few board members wanted to see Keon Park relegated
-Some board members want to see the back of NBR & hope they leave as rumoured.
-Funds getting poured into womens cricket & ignoring clubs close to shutting their doors that desperately need help
-ump advisor sacked because he stood up to President. It then became personal.
- now the sacked umpire is looking at unfair dismissal & wanting some form of compo.
- & yes as someone said in another post the president has put GM "under the bus" on the dismissal of ump advisor. Alot more to follow on this one.
- President hand picked umpires in jika final hoping it would favour one team.
- assoc money spent on piss ups.
-mrp gave favourable decision to a player with a warning when he should have got weeks
-BA Still involved in the background with the running of assoc.
-Some board members never given any say in any decisions made. Only a few actually making the calls with backroom meetings.
Massive takeover of current board in the pipeworks.
Now before all the do gooders shoot me down this information is close to the mark so if you ask the questions to ppl involved you'll find it out for yourself.
You need to get a life zampa, How you make up this muck has got me fkd. As if the board would allow this crap to happen. Get on with it.............

I've been told some whispers about some of the goings on between clubs, players, umpires & board members. You can take the following rumuors as fact. I had most of it confirmed on the weekend.
-A few board members wanted to see Keon Park relegated
-Some board members want to see the back of NBR & hope they leave as rumoured.
-Funds getting poured into womens cricket & ignoring clubs close to shutting their doors that desperately need help
-ump advisor sacked because he stood up to President. It then became personal.
- now the sacked umpire is looking at unfair dismissal & wanting some form of compo.
- & yes as someone said in another post the president has put GM "under the bus" on the dismissal of ump advisor. Alot more to follow on this one.
- President hand picked umpires in jika final hoping it would favour one team.
- assoc money spent on piss ups.
-mrp gave favourable decision to a player with a warning when he should have got weeks
-BA Still involved in the background with the running of assoc.
-Some board members never given any say in any decisions made. Only a few actually making the calls with backroom meetings.
Massive takeover of current board in the pipeworks.
Now before all the do gooders shoot me down this information is close to the mark so if you ask the questions to ppl involved you'll find it out for yourself.
  • Phil Crooks (NMCA President) removed the Umpires Manager on Wednesday 15thMarch, Citing a lack of confidence in his decision making as a reason. Crooks had failed to discuss this with the Executive Board first. To try and mitigate this error he has alleged to have had discussions with Lenore Smith and Paul Lewis (NMCA board members), to try and justify his decision. The constitution states that he needed to confer with Jenkins, Giddons and Harold (NMCA Executive Committee). Is this a failure of corporate governance?

• Phil Crooks (NMCA President) removed the Umpires Manager on Wednesday 15thMarch, Citing a lack of confidence in his decision making as a reason. Crooks had failed to discuss this with the Executive Board first. To try and mitigate this error he has alleged to have had discussions with Lenore Smith and Paul Lewis (NMCA board members), to try and justify his decision. The constitution states that he needed to confer with Jenkins, Giddons and Harold (NMCA Executive Committee). Is this a failure of corporate governance

Big claims made up by you champ. Would you care to give up some evidence on the tripe you've brought up. Talk about sour grapes, unloading on the prez which is baseless. Why dont you make up some more crap. You sound like a scourned lover. Put up or shut up.

Last edited:
Big claims made up by you champ. Would you care to give up some evidence on the tripe you've brought up. Talk about sour grapes, unloading on the prez which is baseless. Why dont you make up some more crap. You sound like a scourned lover. Put up or shut up.
Very defensive of the President, maybe you need to have a look at the evidence in front of you.
It's all in the posts above.
You must be a Crooks supporter, a Crookaburra

Last edited:
  • Phil Crooks (NMCA President) removed the Umpires Manager on Wednesday 15thMarch, Citing a lack of confidence in his decision making as a reason. Crooks had failed to discuss this with the Executive Board first. To try and mitigate this error he has alleged to have had discussions with Lenore Smith and Paul Lewis (NMCA board members), to try and justify his decision. The constitution states that he needed to confer with Jenkins, Giddons and Harold (NMCA Executive Committee). Is this a failure of corporate governance?
Must have proof if your name dropping buddy.. Better have evidence to back up that big mouth of yours..

Must have proof if your name dropping buddy.. Better have evidence to back up that big mouth of yours..
I actually bumped into Carter over the weekend. I have found out that Crooks informed Carter of his dismissal via a voicemail message. He did not even bother to do it while talking to him. Very brave from the Pres. And yes I heard the message. In the letter he received from North Metro, it stated that Crooks could not contact Jenkins or Giddons, so he instead discussed it with Smith and Lewis. Jenkins was preparing to play in the Grand Final.
The phone message is very poor form from the Pres. And it's no secret that Lewis and Smith just say yes to Crooks

No probs... Yarda Yarda..
The facts are about to rise to the top. Board members tipping can on ex pres, comp being run unconstitutionally, president sacks people off his own back, after event dumps GM in it.
How In the the F...K can this be happening? What are the board members doing about this? They are all accountable and all need to go. This is
"Unconstitutional". Consumer affairs, corporate affairs whichever,board needs to Spill and new apps need to be made and we need to start over again..
Mr C.R hang your head in shame, your a disgrace who made your own rules up and answered to no one. Fact" I didn't write the letter the G/M did. U should be speaking to him". Take Note" Go and hide". New breed coming and not going away and if they find any wrong doing" civil-criminal action will follow. Stay tuned
Spot on the money. President is throwing the General Manager under the bus. This is after the President instructed the General Manager to write an email informing a person he had no position
The President is actually looking like a coward

I actually bumped into Carter over the weekend. I have found out that Crooks informed Carter of his dismissal via a voicemail message. He did not even bother to do it while talking to him. Very brave from the Pres. And yes I heard the message. In the letter he received from North Metro, it stated that Crooks could not contact Jenkins or Giddons, so he instead discussed it with Smith and Lewis. Jenkins was preparing to play in the Grand Final.
The phone message is very poor form from the Pres. And it's no secret that Lewis and Smith just say yes to Crooks

This is getting spicy now. Truth really starting to come out. I heard similar stuff to whats been said. Where there's smoke there's fire. Prez might've stuffed up if whats been said is true. I have heard from a VERY reliable source that the powers of the commitee just did there own thing & others weren't even consulted. Time for a new board I reckon. I've also been told that previous GM still involved in decision making process & gets paid for his services. I bet clubs arent aware of this. Time for all board members to step aside & bring in new blood. What a joke this is turning out to be. Give the decision making back to the clubs.

This is getting spicy now. Truth really starting to come out. I heard similar stuff to whats been said. Where there's smoke there's fire. Prez might've stuffed up if whats been said is true. I have heard from a VERY reliable source that the powers of the commitee just did there own thing & others weren't even consulted. Time for a new board I reckon. I've also been told that previous GM still involved in decision making process & gets paid for his services. I bet clubs arent aware of this. Time for all board members to step aside & bring in new blood. What a joke this is turning out to be. Give the decision making back to the clubs.
The Pres and the former GM are very close friends. I hope the Pres has not been spending the comps money ensuring his friend has a wage. May be why the current GM has no power

As I said in earlier posts.. Yes people.. Heard a lot of things of late about the president. Not all good. Heard Smith allegedly wants a ridiculous amount of money to keep running the ladies comp. Heard 10 grand?? Did hear B.A still has his finger in the pie and allegedly is still making decisions. What I'm fuckn sick of is people coming on here and defending when u have no idea what's going on.. Allegedly $4000 spent on grand final luncheon.. Bet a lot of people didn't know that. WTF. Could be more.. Clubs struggling with no help from comp.. But let's keep paying ridiculous amounts of money to people on the board. I've said from the start what's happening.. Start believing as its going to happen.. Not a fan of the money club and yes I've heard Ollie is nominating. Who gives a shit which club he's from.. At least he learnt from the a club that's been successfully run for last 20 years. They didn't even want him to do it and removed him from there board.. I've spoken to him. Great ideas and I really think clubs will benefit from him being on the board.. To be honest I don't envy whoever gets the job.. Big clean up needed..

The Pres and the former GM are very close friends. I hope the Pres has not been spending the comps money ensuring his friend has a wage. May be why the current GM has no power
mate where have u been In the last month.. Seems like u know your stuff.. Pls do tell..

Anything on player movements?
Heard whitey is on the way out at Keon park, and Nicholson is done.
Docherty to coach.
Neary gone from rivergum, Ewart to go to Keon park.
Gary ayre going back to rosebank and sharma might follow, after them offering him a lot of coin$$
Heard a rumour colts might be moving to north Heidelberg Fc ground, to get a few more players to stay a float.

I laugh when people continually defend our inept president. He has done little to help the clubs, and his radio show should be called the Rivergum Cobras hour.
Stand up people and see him for the failed President that he is

As I said in earlier posts.. Yes people.. Heard a lot of things of late about the president. Not all good. Heard Smith allegedly wants a ridiculous amount of money to keep running the ladies comp. Heard 10 grand?? Did hear B.A still has his finger in the pie and allegedly is still making decisions. What I'm fuckn sick of is people coming on here and defending when u have no idea what's going on.. Allegedly $4000 spent on grand final luncheon.. Bet a lot of people didn't know that. WTF. Could be more.. Clubs struggling with no help from comp.. But let's keep paying ridiculous amounts of money to people on the board. I've said from the start what's happening.. Start believing as its going to happen.. Not a fan of the money club and yes I've heard Ollie is nominating. Who gives a shit which club he's from.. At least he learnt from the a club that's been successfully run for last 20 years. They didn't even want him to do it and removed him from there board.. I've spoken to him. Great ideas and I really think clubs will benefit from him being on the board.. To be honest I don't envy whoever gets the job.. Big clean up needed..
If Anderson is still getting paid it's laughable, he was in charge of the MRP last year and it was the most inconsistent it's ever been. He has moved onto MRP and that now needs an overhaul. Come on President, sack your best mate, he is not up to it.

Back