Nmca 2018/19

was talking in reference to them abandoning council built new rooms at sullivan to up stumps and move to west lalors old turf at huskission. theyve moved to the nw comp i think
Whats the procedure for changing comps? Surely the new comp would do a check on new clubs and after last seasons incident you wouldn't expect much of a reference from NMCA

Whats the procedure for changing comps? Surely the new comp would do a check on new clubs and after last seasons incident you wouldn't expect much of a reference from NMCA

maybe the comp just wanted to see the back of them and went easy on the reference. although the incident got a fair amount of media coverage

You cant play T20 for points.
There’s nothing wrong with the fixture, the problem is the RESERVE GRADE.
If the comp doesn’t get rid of it we’ll die a slow death.
50 over games starting at 12.30pm is the go. IMO
What hope has the comp got when the leadership is a joke? ‘Got one side, go to D grade and win a flag’. Pathetic.

The NMCA won't exist in 10 years.

How can a comp run at a financial loss?

How can a comp award mediocre clubs with promotion because of how many teams and juniors they have even though their best team isn't up to a certain standard?

Teams with one team up to standard can't stay in the top 3 grades because the comp makes these ridiculous rules.

All it's done is draw players from weaker clubs to stronger ones and those weaker clubs have, or will die.

The comp doesn't listen to the clubs and doesn't act quick enough on their concerns. The Reserve grade has killed clubs and 80 overs is way too long.

Play t20 for points and move to 50 over matches that start at 12pm. Allow clubs to stay in the grades they've earns the right to play in.

All you're doing is causing those clubs to go down to lower grades and dominate, never to come back up because they don't meet the criteria.

Simple as that. I've had enough. Its getting worse by the year!

Good post Ricky Two Hats,

Hard to see how those running local clubs can have faith in the administration running this comp when money constantly goes missing and the comp constantly runs at a financial loss. Around 12k last season I believe. Also agree on the Reserve grade its a joke. Someone mentioned in a earlier post that clubs voted it in some years ago, it might have worked then but def doesn't now, so that's no reason to keep it going. Need to grow some balls and make some tough decisions.

Maybe its time for Cricket Victoria to investigate this comp similar to what AFL Victoria did with the now defunct DVFL many years ago.

Good post Ricky Two Hats,

Hard to see how those running local clubs can have faith in the administration running this comp when money constantly goes missing and the comp constantly runs at a financial loss. Around 12k last season I believe. Also agree on the Reserve grade its a joke. Someone mentioned in a earlier post that clubs voted it in some years ago, it might have worked then but def doesn't now, so that's no reason to keep it going. Need to grow some balls and make some tough decisions.

Maybe its time for Cricket Victoria to investigate this comp similar to what AFL Victoria did with the now defunct DVFL many years ago.
Good post hfsix. Current commitee running the comp are all elmafudds. All failed in the job. Gm gets paid $15K to do what??
One board member chucked it in & before you know it, is back on board. Another member always seems to find himself in a bit of a pickle. Another spends time O/S on the company ticker. If they had any aggots theyd all stand aside as they have failed. I forgot to mention humpty dumty, he got away with daylight robbery. Why arent these flogs investigated for killing the comp. what about ump adviser??? Paid good $$$$$ & did sweet f/a.

You cant play T20 for points.
There’s nothing wrong with the fixture, the problem is the RESERVE GRADE.
If the comp doesn’t get rid of it we’ll die a slow death.
50 over games starting at 12.30pm is the go. IMO
What hope has the comp got when the leadership is a joke? ‘Got one side, go to D grade and win a flag’. Pathetic.

If premier cricket can play t20 for points and the comp promotes sides to submit t20 teams in the regional champs then you can play for points.

Furthermore, if you played two t20 games in December on one Saturday starting at 11am and 4pm around summer solstice you could knock out the Sunday, increase summer break and maybe even get a week off at Melb cup or Oz day weekend as a bye. If you did it twice it would be even better. 5 x two dayers, 5 one dayers and 4 t20's.

I'm just saying this off the top of my head so it's not an amazing schedule, but my point is, you can create something better and/or different which can create a better comp.

I agree with the 12:30, 40 or 50 games and also the promotion of that style of cricket. Make it that kind of comp... fast paced, high scoring, one day cricket.

You're right though, the t20 stuff isn't the problem it's just a side note. Reserve grade must go!

Im hearing prest baseballers offering money to players to improve their squad & very successful at that. Hill has walked out & joined the enemy. Too much in fighting so he decided to move out.

YCW promoted to Jika Shield but their 2s stay in Quick Reserve according to their facebook page.
How is that going to work, is there going to be a bye in both Reserve grades ?

Comp now sayin that there is a relegation and promotion system in reserve grades...so if your 2nds win flag they go up but your 1st dont...so your 1st can be in jika and your 2nds can be in kelly reserve..making things up as they go along i reckon...

Comp now sayin that there is a relegation and promotion system in reserve grades...so if your 2nds win flag they go up but your 1st dont...so your 1st can be in jika and your 2nds can be in kelly reserve..making things up as they go along i reckon...

Probably easier for those running the comp to do fixtures with Jika, Quick, Kelly and reserve grades ( 1 side home 1 away ) rather than revert back to the fairer way and have A, B, C, D grade etc and have ALL players playing against players of a similar standard and playing more competitive and enjoyable cricket. Just the admin being lazy and unprofessional again.

Back