Nmca 2018/19

Top 4 sides from Quick last year now not in the division, and socials coming down from A grade last year put in the worst season ever. Who's going to win?

Lalor have named a seconds captain on their Facebook, so probably haven’t lost many players
Well the president of the competition allows his side to drop from b grade to d and f grade when they supposedly were struggling for players they can’t stop lalor doing the same thing...sides in d grade should forfeit when they are playing them...

Hughes & Harrower to Epping - Periera to Mill Park - Tilikeridis & Ray to Saint Francis - Gorski Borthers, Sri Lankan Spinner, Holmes not playing. There 2's forfeited or played short on a few occasions last season. If there some how been able to get numbers for 2 sides must have been some work going on by there committee. Good on them for having a crack. If there got a vets side it would suggest that maybe a few older guys are back on board. On another note how are KP travelling? Be a shame to see two of the comps oldest and fiercest rivals struggling or Disappearing. Jika sheild a two horse race or can someone challenge NBR and Rivergum? I doubt it. There will be more interest in who makes the 4 which should be competitive. Making a prelim for any other side will be like winning the Granny.

Last edited:
Good work if lalor do have 2 sides but therein lies the problem...should they have dropped from A grade down to D grade..could of easily put them in C grade as a lot of sides in that grade struggle for 2nds as well...even if they have lost 7 or 8 senior players the ones that are left will dominate down there as their is only 3 teams 1st sides and the rest are sides 3rds.everyone playing for 2nd..

Hughes & Harrower to Epping - Periera to Mill Park - Tilikeridis & Ray to Saint Francis - Gorski Borthers, Sri Lankan Spinner, Holmes not playing. There 2's forfeited or played short on a few occasions last season. If there some how been able to get numbers for 2 sides must have been some work going on by there committee. Good on them for having a crack. If there got a vets side it would suggest that maybe a few older guys are back on board. On another note how are KP travelling? Be a shame to see two of the comps oldest and fiercest rivals struggling or Disappearing. Jika sheild a one horse race or can someone challenge NBR and Rivergum? I doubt it. There will be more interest in who makes the 4 which should be competitive. Making a prelim for any other side will be like winning the Granny.

Interestingly not one of those clearances has been applied for by any of those DVCA clubs...

I think it’s great they will be fielding two sides but they’ve really made a mockery of the league in the way they’ve gone about it.

Admittedly it is an easier sell to attract and retain 2’s cricketers to play F grade with a 10 game season and reduced overs.

To save the embarrassment and controversy for everyone they should have kept with 1 senior team for this season and added a second team next season.

Exactly right...the kids in the lower grades will love being belted around and chasing the ball all day if its not the case of them all leaving
100% agree mate it wouldn't be the correct thing if all the guys mentioned above were playing. At the same time do you really think guys like Hughes, Periera, Tilikeridis etc would hang around to play that standard of cricket. Think they might have a bit more pride and respect for there own cricket. The guy named captain on there facebook page doesn't show up on there my cricket stats, although it looks like a few Singh's played a game or two in there seconds. Only time will tell I guess. Let's hope for the sake of the comp those guys have moved on. Not a great thing for the Warriors though.

Anyone know of any practice games coming up?

Back