Nmca 2018/19

Surprising an upcoming club signs an unproven 50 yo that’s never coached before. Trinners probably failed to attract anyone better. Question is why has he never captained a team at nbr??

I don’t think ‘Sucked in” is the appropriate statement, i think ‘who’ are the ‘Stooges’ who run Holy Tinity??
They’ve gone for a 50 year old to do what? This is desperation 101, if they think ‘Ollie’ who i actually like, think that he will save them, they’re dreaming.
Who said why hasn’t Captained at nbr before? I think the question answer’s itself.

I think everyone in the comp knows olly, hes been around along time. Makes a good drinking buddy with a colorful past & always tells a good yarn but Hardly the guy that would head up the coaching dept. i think holy trinity may have fallen for the rosebank influence instead of the actual player. Time will tell.

Last edited:
The Northern Socials Cricket Club are currently seeking applicants for the vacant Senior Coaching Position for the 2018/2019 season.

The successful applicant will have/display:

-Attained or be willing to attain Level 1 Coaching Accreditation (paid for by the club)
-Proven record as a player
-Ability to work with players of all skill levels
-Demonstrable leadership skills
-Quality interpersonal skills
-Vision for the club going forward
-Willingness to work with junior players

Interested applicants are requested to forward their expressions of interest to: nazg62@hotmail.com Applications will close Friday 23rd June 2018.

Last edited:
1. What is Ollie doing leaving a club he’s been at for 30 years.
2. Surely holy trinity saw some red flags or better yet heard of some and they still appointed him coach. Top guy but the bloke hasn’t even captained a 3rds side let alone coaching an a grade club!
3. Desperately times call for desperate measures down and trinity.... can’t win games when pressure is on so they think he will help them take the next step.

Very insightful Dougie. Why don't you list every A grade coach and give the forum your thoughts on each? Should make some entertaining reading over our morning coffee.

I’m sorry, I thought it would be fairly logical to appoint a coach who has had some previous coaching experience or at the very least some sort of captaincy/ leadership role. If you can’t get a gig captaining any side of the club you’ve been at for 30 years.... I dare say he’s not fit to lead an entire club? I don’t think I’m alone in having these views am I Shane?

I'm keen to see how clubs like PB, HW and Bundoora will fare this season - All up from B grade in the previous couple of years and should again hold their own. Understand PB aggressively on the hunt for players within the comp but not much out of the Bundoora and HW camp. Kooks and Bankers teams to beat again.. far to strong but the looks of it.

I’m sorry, I thought it would be fairly logical to appoint a coach who has had some previous coaching experience or at the very least some sort of captaincy/ leadership role. If you can’t get a gig captaining any side of the club you’ve been at for 30 years.... I dare say he’s not fit to lead an entire club? I don’t think I’m alone in having these views am I Shane?

All coaches where first time coaches at some point Dougie. I know my club was very keen on Oli and I would have been wrapped if we had appointed him. I guess the proof will be in the pudding for HTCC.

All coaches where first time coaches at some point Dougie. I know my club was very keen on Oli and I would have been wrapped if we had appointed him. I guess the proof will be in the pudding for HTCC.
A very fair point by you mr shane, but i being told that mr ollie interviewed with other clubs as well & they deciding not too go with him b/c they all asking The question why didnt he ever captain at his club. Im thinking this is vital information for his new employer. Could be all the answers in this point, true???Trouble brewing at trinners i believe.
Also he be making alot of confusion at board level & fellow board members not very trusting of him.

A very fair point by you mr shane, but i being told that mr ollie interviewed with other clubs as well & they deciding not too go with him b/c they all asking The question why didnt he ever captain at his club. Im thinking this is vital information for his new employer. Could be all the answers in this point, true???Trouble brewing at trinners i believe.
Also he be making alot of confusion at board level & fellow board members not very trusting of him.

Maybe we dodged a bullet then Harsha. Time will tell.

Any other appointments across A Grade that you can enlighten us with?

what a disgraceful comp, just do the world a favor and fold i dont think theres anyone as bad as you in melbourne. Think of the juniors coming through dont they have the right to play the best cricket possible?

news coming from banyule council is colts last season at that ground and rooms as soccer club and aboriginal community want the ground and rooms and no one on council cares about cricket club..

news coming from banyule council is colts last season at that ground and rooms as soccer club and aboriginal community want the ground and rooms and no one on council cares about cricket club..
Be great if you didnt hide your name when giving out false information....who are your sources or you just another one hating on colts because its the fun thing to do?

It's time for the NMCA to become a one day and T20 comp and market itself as such. It will attract players from all over the place!

At the moment clubs and the competition at large is dying.

It's real. Take note.

Back