North A And B

i will have ago at it...

st albans v flem , 2nd v 9th .. st albans win
taylors lakes v jacana , 6th v 8th .. jacana
w/centrals v laverton , 10th v 1st .. laverton ( just )
aberfeldie v m/valley , 5th v 4th .. m/valley just..( who ever wins is the team to knock out laverton )
east keilor v aberfeldie , 3rd v 7th .. east keilor

ladder should look like this ..
1. laverton 112 ish
2. st albans 101 ish
3. e/keilor 81 ish
4. m/valley 78 ish
``````````````
5. aberfeldie 69 ish
6. jacana 68 ish
````````````````
7. t/lakes 67ish
8. a/park 64 ish
9. flem 47 ish
10. w/centrals 42ish

very tight ... t/lakes and a/park were 3rd and 4th 3 games ago and are now on there way back to " b grade "

thats my guess !!
good luck to all this weekend may the best team win

have predicted the same top 4.

This is more wishful than anything, but i'll have a crack @ the semis & granny.

Laverton DEF BY Moonee Valley
MV in an upset. Laverton deserve to go through on their overall season but
gonna go for the under dog.

ST Albans DEF East Keilor
Albans shouldn't lose this but then they have stuffed up finals time before?

Granny

St Albans Vs Moonee Valley
Can't make up my mind there yet, all the pressure will be on St Albans.
MValley before getting their import on board looked like being relegated but how quick
things can turn around. Again goat herders should take it out but wouldn't be surprised
if Mvalley bowlers get 'em across the line again.

Yeah he might still have it but why is he batting at 6 or 7 every week when his top order is so fragile??
Doesn't make sense!!
Yeah stiff for moonee valley but should get the points easily this week.
Do you think Taylor's lakes will get it done from there against laverton?? Surely 150 odd isn't enough??
East keilor certainties now I think and probably guarentee themselves a finals spot with the win!!
Hey man, it's not his fault those that bat above him are failing to set the game up. Especially as the best bat above him is only averaging 20. You should remember that he is well past 40 and heading to 50 at a rapid rate. By batting at 6 as the skipper he is then in a position as is invariably the case (which is more often than not) to try and save the game by batting in a manner that may produce a reasonable score and thus save the game.

DIT DIT DIT DAH DAH DAH DIT DIT DIT. Can anyone get a message to RON BLAIR whom recently transferred from Avo to Aber Park to play 2nd's saying he wanted to play with some friends. He played one game then disappeared. Can someone remind him that his real friends are at Avo and would love to see him back.

results in North A went along the way expected with no real surprises

T Lakes/Jacana unless sporting decs occur cant see an outright result upsetting the current top5 but stranger things have hapened

EK now firing with Arrowsmith getting another big bag of wickets in the last few weeks, Aber Park back to north b now for sure

Moonee Valley 187 after being 7/107 they have got out of jail it seems spinner Shannahan more wickets and the slow bowlers again mainly getting the others, Abers 3/10 after 12 overs are on the backfoot but some of the best bats still to come in so dont think its over just yet can see this one going down to the wire

No Clutton for St Albans against Flemington are they resting him or is he injured ?

Laverton close to already winning Obrien picking up more low order wickets to now lead the wicket takers overall great for laverton to have someone that can mop up tailenders but in the longer form of the grand final will be be able to stand up if the tracks and are and not assiting ?

results and finals in Nth A will depend upon weather!!!!
More rain and wet weather expected in coming days, curators would race against time to get on wickets let alone prepairing them!!!!
EK set and confirmed for third spot to play St Albans and i think would give them a good run for money.....
clutton or no clutton pressure game for St Albans as all year and previous years they have waited for finals and then didn't deliver BIG GORILLA ON THEIR BACK.
I M predicting EK batting to stand up against St Albans. Broadie and J.Bell to make big score and get Ek across the line.........

second one as predicted by SHHHHHHh it seems Lavo against MV more likely unless something happens dramatically!!!!!!
would pick another upset MV with their imports doing damage with Bat and ball at crunch moments........

go underdogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

results and finals in Nth A will depend upon weather!!!!
More rain and wet weather expected in coming days, curators would race against time to get on wickets let alone prepairing them!!!!
EK set and confirmed for third spot to play St Albans and i think would give them a good run for money.....
clutton or no clutton pressure game for St Albans as all year and previous years they have waited for finals and then didn't deliver BIG GORILLA ON THEIR BACK.
I M predicting EK batting to stand up against St Albans. Broadie and J.Bell to make big score and get Ek across the line.........

second one as predicted by SHHHHHHh it seems Lavo against MV more likely unless something happens dramatically!!!!!!
would pick another upset MV with their imports doing damage with Bat and ball at crunch moments........

go underdogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think something unbelievable would have to happen for moonee valley or aberfeldie to knock off Laverton in the semi. To go undefeated all year surely makes them clear favourites. That being said their batting just seems to be getting the collywobble!!
Two small scores against St Albans, 160 odd against Taylor's lakes and 6/110 against Centrals isn't exactly lighting up the scoreboard. Thank god for their bowling especially O'Brien!! 38 wickets at about 12 is a ripper season!!!

Similar story with St Albans but yes that Gorilla is King Kong!!!
Clearly the second best team for the year but it means nothing in a semi. Looks like they'll play East Keilor who arguably the form side of the comp. Arrowsmith another bag on Saturday and Brodie not out overnight again looks like a foundation for another big score!! Surely St Albans should get the chocolates but if Arrowsmith or Brodie fire in that semi then St Albans will well and truly deserve the tag as the biggest chokers in the VTCA!!!!

Do you have Lindsey's number?

Is it within the rules to use fans, heaters etc and does it matter whether you are the home or away side? Is the visiting side allowed to involve themselves with the wicket preparation/

You can do what ever you want before the day to get a fair wicket up.

If your the away side i wouldnt bother. If your the home side, go for it.
Although if your relying on the last day of the season to get into the finals, you may have left it too late and prob not good enough.

But yeah, sun out friday then theres no reason why we wont play.

i wouldn't worry, there will be play this week
WHO ARE U CHAMP???? U must have prepared few wickets in your time???
HANG ON I MIGHT BE TALKING TO KEVIN MITCHELL JUNIOR OR LES BURDETT!!!!! Which one are you?? Use ur brain champ if it rains on three days there won't be enough time for the decks to dry & not everyteam will get on this week.

i wouldn't worry, there will be play this week
Drizzle on THURSDAY.
Little rain on FRIDAY with maximum of 23 so not enough to dry.
RAIN developing ON SATURDAY with 23 maximum CHEERS MAKE UP URSELF ITS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE
and I think it has rained plenty tilL NOW that it won't be dry enough to get on wickets to stand on them forget rolling them...... Yipppie what does that say good bye cricket season, started wet......finishing wet.....
Saying that pretty dry forecast for semis so good luck whoever is there.

WHO ARE U CHAMP???? U must have prepared few wickets in your time???
HANG ON I MIGHT BE TALKING TO KEVIN MITCHELL JUNIOR OR LES BURDETT!!!!! Which one are you?? Use ur brain champ if it rains on three days there won't be enough time for the decks to dry & not everyteam will get on this week.
As a matter of fact, I have had a hand in preparing wickets, over the last 15 years, sounds like you have no idea about what your posting. Haven't seen any rain for a while

As a matter of fact, I have had a hand in preparing wickets, over the last 15 years, sounds like you have no idea about what your posting. Haven't seen any rain for a while
So slow medium how to prepare wicket when it's rained on mon n tue and more to come???
Probably Roll wicket with COTTON BUD!!!!!! What u say????

So slow medium how to prepare wicket when it's rained on mon n tue and more to come???
Probably Roll wicket with COTTON BUD!!!!!! What u say????
Well it would appear from your comment that you have no idea. Most of the work would of been done
last week, so would not matter if it didn't get rolled until tomorrow

Back